SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Sig Rattler Index Pin Damage Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Rattler Index Pin Damage Question Login/Join 
posted
Hello all, new timer here. I recently purchased a rattler AR conversion (rattler upper, trigger, stock) from sig for my SBR lower.

I took the rifle to my smith to get the muzzle device swapped so I can run my SDN6. When we removed the hand guards and looked where the indexing pins meet the slots in the receiver there seemed to be some marring on the receiver.

Is this normal? Any cause for concern? If it’s merely cosmetic I could care less. Just wanted to make sure it’s ok.

I also noticed the indexing pins are pushed up against the top of the slots when the barrel is secured (hence the marring), I’m assuming this is normal? When the barrel was loose and reseated there was a little rotational play until the barrel was clamped per spec. Again I’m assuming this is normal, just wanted to confirm if possible. Thanks!

/Users/jamesgarguilo/Downloads/IMG_5546.jpg

Posts: 1 | Registered: March 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Hello and welcome! I can't see your pic, but I think i understand where/what you're talking about. I'll take a look at mine when I get home tonight.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
You have to upload the pic to a hosting site before they will display here.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post