SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    free Float hand guard ID?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

free Float hand guard ID? Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted
Looking for a small diameter free float hand guard that works with a mil spec barrel but.

Here’s one, but I can’t ID it.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
have you taken at look at the offerings from Midwest Ind ?

https://www.midwestindustriesi...m/category-s/326.htm

Posts: 1244 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m499
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
Looking for a small diameter free float hand guard that works with a mil spec barrel but.

Man I hope that thing is installed incorrectly cause that top rail is not lining up at all... Eek Confused

That looks very similar to how the Centurion C4 rail attaches but it's not the exact rail shown.

Others include:
- Midwest Industries FF rail
- Centurion Arms
- Daniel Defense Omega Rail
- Troy makes a few different versions
- Fortis

May be a few I missed out there...

Posts: 2680 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Samson makes a few.

https://www.brownells.com/rifl...rails-prod44026.aspx

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
It’s rotated. That should be on the bottom.
Got a better picture with it lined up correctly?

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
not sure, but looks like the rail 2a armament makes for PSA. not sure if they sell them separately.

2a psa rail example

Posts: 775 | Location: FL | Registered: November 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m499
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by alteon180e:
not sure, but looks like the rail 2a armament makes for PSA. not sure if they sell them separately.

2a psa rail example

Yep that's it. I don't see it sold anywhere separately either. The Centurion C4 rail and the Midwest Industries FF rail attach in the same manner though.

Can you share where you got the pic? I'd like to know the backstory on why it's not lining up with the receiver's top rail. Whether it broke somehow or was just not installed correctly.
Thanks

Posts: 2680 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by m499:
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:

Man I hope that thing is installed incorrectly cause that top rail is not lining up at all... Eek Confused

That looks very similar to how the Centurion C4 rail attaches but it's not the exact rail shown.

Others include:
- Midwest Industries FF rail
- Centurion Arms
- Daniel Defense Omega Rail
- Troy makes a few different versions
- Fortis

May be a few I missed out there...

It’s loose. I just set it on to show how it fits around barrel nut.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post