SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Marlin Model 60 born date?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marlin Model 60 born date? Login/Join 
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted
Hey folks. Today I picked up a Marlin Model 60. On the barrel it says, The Marlin Firearms Co. North Haven, CT USA. I can’t find a JM stamp on the barrel, the receiver has a serial number beginning with 051. I’ve looked online and some say to deduct the first two numbers of the serial number from 2000 to get the manufacturing date but it appears that not everyone agrees with this method. Anyone got an idea about the date of manufacture and why there is no JM stamp on the barrel? Thank you, I appreciate it.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Neither does mine. No JM stamp.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
My 60 starts with SN 0520

IIRC, I got it as a birthday gift (new) in about 1997 +/- a year or two.

Would have to check it when I get home from work for any markings that may be helpful.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15256 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Bibl left side:
The Marlin Firearms Co, North Haven CT USA
Model 60W Micro Groove Barrel Cal 22lr Only

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15256 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
My '89 and '90 do not have the stamp but my '80 Glenfield does. I'm thinking they stopped stamping the Model 60 in the late 1980s.

Yes, I believe yours is a 1995.

Posts: 3505 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
Thanks guy, I appreciate it.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Go over to RimFireCentral and poke around, there’s a huge amount of info and data there on these.

Best wishes to you.

Posts: 11836 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post