SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    M&P 15-22 SBR
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M&P 15-22 SBR Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
So I needed an excuse to SBR a 22lr... well, my 9yo daughter needs to start shooting! Thought y’all might get a snicker out of it.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does that have the plastic upper as well?

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
It does.

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Cool little blaster!!

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, it does make me chuckle, but in a good way. That’s a cool ass fun little gun. Nice job.

Posts: 7348 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Only downside for me when handling one was that the extension tube was part of the lower. Wish they would have put a 1913 rail on the back instead.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
Only downside for me when handling one was that the extension tube was part of the lower. Wish they would have put a 1913 rail on the back instead.

Kinda like the MCX? That’s a thought..

I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Had I not already SBR’d numerous AR lowers I’d be doing one of these for my girls. I did add a Nordic Components 8.25” upper to a cheap PSA lower that my 8 y/o now shoots pretty regularly. He lighter weight of the 15-22 would be nice though.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
quote:

Exactly. I ended up ordering one today for my son anyways.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
quote:

Exactly. I ended up ordering one today for my son anyways.

He will enjoy it.

Picture of SIGINT-228
posted Hide Post
That's a really nice looking rifle!

------------------------------------------------------------
“Come on you sons of bitches, do you want to live forever?” Sergeant Major Dan Daly (USMC)

Posts: 1097 | Registered: August 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
That’s awesome. I was just looking at the pistol versions last week to get for my kids to start using (8 and 10). The platform is fantastic as it allows them to continue to use the firearm as they grow.

She’ll have a blast with it! Congrats

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Got mine last week. My 8 year old is chomping at the bit.

Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
The M&P 15-22 has been a pretty solid shooter for me in the past.. still haven’t shot this SBR version. A prior one I owned was not picky about what I fed it.

Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Got mine last week. My 8 year old is chomping at the bit.

Awesome, he will have a blast with it. Post up some pics when he gets to shoot it, I’ll try and remember to put some up of my 10yo daughter.

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
That’s awesome! I love my regular M&P 15-22 and I’ll bet that SBR version is going to be a blast. thanks for posting!

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GroundedCLK
posted Hide Post
That is cool looking, I now wanna build one for myself.

Posts: 1843 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: January 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
mine has been really reliable with different rimfire loads. I changed out to the older m&p15-22 A2 style grip that numrichs offers & changed out the extractor to a Volquartsen. I cant say anything bad , price of mags has gone insane though.

Posts: 509 | Location: illinois | Registered: March 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post