SIGforum
Thinking of attending a practical rifle match next month. *Attended match, video posted*

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/5910085354

March 09, 2019, 10:34 PM
IndianaBoy
Thinking of attending a practical rifle match next month. *Attended match, video posted*
Sounds like a great time.

Based on my own experience I agree it sounds like you did great for a first timer.

I have never, ever, shot a mistake free match.

It will get easier every time and you will sort out your mistakes and they will get smaller and smaller.

In a couple years you will be astonished at your change in proficiency. Good work.
March 10, 2019, 12:40 AM
benny6
It was a great time. I'll post more tomorrow.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com
March 10, 2019, 01:24 PM
IndianaBoy
Nice work on that Texas Star!!!!
March 10, 2019, 05:33 PM
Riley
Looks good and impressive with the .308!

I learned the hard way on a carbine course to 1) have a spare mag on the belt, even if you have plenty of rounds in the mag! and 2) if you have to charge it more that once ditch that mag and reload. Unfortunately, it was the same stage so I had a bad mag and no spare...

I now always have one or two fully loaded spares on the belt, no matter the expected round count.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.
March 10, 2019, 10:35 PM
benny6
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaBoy:
Nice work on that Texas Star!!!!

Thanks! I was really surprised I did it that fast. I'd say I was one of the faster guys to shoot it.

Well, the results are in. My daughter and I tied for second to last place. The other TYRO placed last. He was shooting an AUG. I didn't finish stage 1 which was only 11 out of 16 hits but my daughter only got 1 hit on the 200 yard mover where I got 4.

It was lots of fun. I'll be developing a nice 125 grain SPEER TNT load for it before my next match.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com