SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Brace recommendations for an LWRC 10.5" Pistol
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brace recommendations for an LWRC 10.5" Pistol Login/Join 
posted
Not sure if this should go here or in handguns, but I see other brace discussion here.
I finally am going to take the plunge for an LWRC DI 10.5" .223 pistol. They generally come with an SB brace, or as the pistol itself.
I would like something compact, but don't know that I want to go the route of a brace that you have to reassemble from a folded position. The SBPDW brace with the telescoping rails looks interesting (does it shorten the package several inches from a plain SB, or just allow for greater length?), but also seems a half pound heavier than the other SB versions.
What are the pros and cons of different options, and what do folks recommend?
Thanks,
Scott

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like my SB Tactical SBA3 brace. They just came out with a SBA4 brace also.

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the SBA3

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Yet another vote for the SB Tactical SBA3 AR Pistol Stabilizing Brace.

Primary Arms has them on sale for $99.99.

https://www.primaryarms.com/sb...zing-arm-brace-black

H&K-Guy

ETA: Looks like the PA sale is over. They are back up to $129.99 now.

ETA2: Looks like they are on sale at Brownells for $109.99 now.

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies.
What is good about the SBA3?

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScotP7:
Thanks for the replies.

Pardon, that question was dashed off too quickly in the middle of work distraction.
What I should have taken the time to write--
Do folks have experience with the SB vs SBA3? Is the main difference the adjustability of the SBA3? Other differences? And does that adjustability make the SBA3 able to be retracted into a ?3" shorter package?
And can anyone compare the SBPDW vs the SB or SBA3? The PDW looks cool, but is heavier. Despite the weight (and expense), it gets great reviews. Does it make for a shorter retracted package?
And any thoughts about which feels more solid to you?
Thanks much.

Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Lanbos Armory for the brace.
$103 now

https://lanbosarmory.com/index...65fd6dc98ca9bef2aced

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Thanks for the replies.

Pardon, that question was dashed off too quickly in the middle of work distraction.
What I should have taken the time to write--
Do folks have experience with the SB vs SBA3? Is the main difference the adjustability of the SBA3? Other differences? And does that adjustability make the SBA3 able to be retracted into a ?3" shorter package?
And can anyone compare the SBPDW vs the SB or SBA3? The PDW looks cool, but is heavier. Despite the weight (and expense), it gets great reviews. Does it make for a shorter retracted package?
And any thoughts about which feels more solid to you?
Thanks much.

The sba3 is solid. Doesn't move around like the originals.

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks all for the input.
SBA3 it will be.

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Personally I like the SB Tactical PDW, shown collapsed, it extends about 2" Optic's Planet has several good pic's, it's where I stole this one
Wink

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post