SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Inforce Gen2 weapon lights
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Inforce Gen2 weapon lights Login/Join 
With bad intent
posted
Curious as to how the Gen2 have been holding up. Thinking of using on my my lightweight SBR setup instead of my tried and true Surfire mini. Aside from weight, which isnt a lot, the Inforce light seems a little more streamlined. I know the issues with the Gen1 were farely common and documented but havent seen any reports on the Gen2 now that they have been out for a while.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I had a couple of older Gen2s, and the only issue I had was the constant / momentary only illumination switch was too easy to move (ie, it could move on it's own under recoil or with just being brushed). I hear it's been fixed, but I just went all surefire X-series for simplicity and utility.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I had a couple of older Gen2s, and the only issue I had was the constant / momentary only illumination switch was too easy to move (ie, it could move on it's own under recoil or with just being brushed). I hear it's been fixed, but I just went all surefire X-series for simplicity and utility.

I think you might be confusing the older Gen 1 with the newer Gen 2s. The Gen 2s were specifically designed to fix that issue with the "floppy" momentary/constant switch. (And the Gen 2s have only been out for about 6 months.)

The Gen 2s have a textured thumb pad and a positive detent in both the lockout lever and selector switch, which fixed my only complaints with the Gen 1s.

For a comparison of these features on the Gen 1 and Gen 2 side-by-side, see this video from 3:25 to 5:55:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X1HMHJvG0Q

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
I have a gen 2 on my DDM4V11, only have about 300 rounds through the gun, but the lever is secure, button activation is fine, no issues, but admittedly it's early.

So far I'm a big fan of the light.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
not to highjack the thread, but I'm looking at these , too. What're the suggestions as far as lumens? is it better to pay $30 more for the WMLX for the brighter light?

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
not to highjack the thread, but I'm looking at these , too. What're the suggestions as far as lumens? is it better to pay $30 more for the WMLX for the brighter light?

I think it would be depend on how you plan to use the gun. For indoor use I would think the 400 lumens is plenty, likely for most outdoor uses as well. Im still going 800 because I hate limiting myself.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

Ive got a couple surefire here and have 0 complaints, just trying to go light as possible at this point but dont want to sacrifice reliability.

posted Hide Post
I want to say Mrgunsandgear did a review on the second gen. Link.

I didn't have issues with my one first gen, but I donated it to a project and went with ariska instead.

I'm going to give the second gen WMLs a little time and I might try them again.

Posts: 4587 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CD228:

I didn't have issues with my one first gen, but I donated it to a project and went with ariska instead.

He did and I watched it. I just dont venture far from these pages often so I wasnt sure if other had experienced or read of any issues with them. Seems like everyone so far is at the same point " working great as of now but time will tell" which is probably a good sign since most people I would thing are going to be overly critical of them given their previous issues.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
quote:
Originally posted by CD228:

He did and I watched it. I just dont venture far from these pages often so I wasnt sure if other had experienced or read of any issues with them. Seems like everyone so far is at the same point " working great as of now but time will tell" which is probably a good sign since most people I would thing are going to be overly critical of them given their previous issues.

Dig around on M4carbine.net
and you might find more info in their tactical lights section. But, I suspect they will have a similar opinion.

Posts: 4587 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

I think you might be confusing the older Gen 1 with the newer Gen 2s. The Gen 2s were specifically designed to fix that issue with the "floppy" momentary/constant switch. (And the Gen 2s have only been out for about 6 months.)

The Gen 2s have a textured thumb pad and a positive detent in both the lockout lever and selector switch, which fixed my only complaints with the Gen 1s.

You're probably right.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post