SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Anyone with first hand knowledge about the Kaiser US AR pattern rifles?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone with first hand knowledge about the Kaiser US AR pattern rifles? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
What particular mount are you looking for?

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10990 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:
quote:
Originally posted by Gibb:
quote:
I'm assuming COVID madness on their rifle prices. Mostly wondering about fit, handling, function. I'm having a right shoulder issue and weight is a big thing for me now.

If you already own an AR, you'd be better off buying lightweight accessories for your rifle than to buy this, IMO.

Are you a right-handed shooter? With a proper sling setup, most of the weight should be on the left arm. The right shoulder would only be taking on the recoil, which this rifle could make worse.

If you are a Lefty, I would work on shooting supported (prone, or against fixed support).

As I said before, their bolt was very nice, but looking close at those photos of the receiver would make me hesitate before buying sight unseen.

That's a good point that totally slipped me. The lighter gun would recoil more, which whould hurt my shoulder more. I had gotten rid of my .223 to concentrate on .308 but do have a AR Lower that I can build up. Thanks for the rightminding on this.

what style shooting are you doing?

you can build up a moderately heavy AR, and if you reload, (and depending on the distance you shoot) load some lighter bullets (52 gr SMK's for example) if you reload,

I shot 52's for a bit in a Service Rifle (14lbs) and recoil was nothing

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
What particular mount are you looking for?

I have a .308 51T (not sure the style) and at this point was looking for any 51T in 5.56 that will take the SDN-6.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1950 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:

Mainly run/gun stuff. Tactical classes and local 3 gun matches.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Posts: 1950 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
An adjustable gas block can help fine tune the recoil impulse too.

If the gun is over-gassed, it can have an unnecessarily harsh impulse.

Posts: 5127 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
A muzzle brake is what will help mitigate recoil.

I've been looking at the JP type recoil eliminators like these: https://www.jprifles.com/1.4.3...php?menu_select=jpre

I put one of those on an AR I put together for Varmints, in a 223 recoil is almost non-existent and on a 308 its like a AR without a break and still no muzzle rise ... I however its not friendly to those sitting/standing beside or behind you ...

When I first got the one for a 308, I'd had the barrel of a 700 VSSF threaded ... sighting it in on the bench, guy with a ball cap sat down at the bench next to me and the concussion blew his hat off. He moved down a couple tables but not before I told him about it and he shot a couple rounds. I had a picture of it before I changed picture hosting sites. Guess I'll have to take another or find it on my other PC.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5705 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Given this, a really heavy pig of a rifle is out. Forget a Magpul PRS stock and a 20" to 24" heavy contour barrel.

You likely prefer a 16" or 18" barrel. A medium contour, non-fluted barrel is likely the heaviest style you'll want. This slightly heavier barrel will help mitigate recoil, as compared to fluted or pencil-profile barrel.

Then it comes down to a brake or can to reduce recoil further. As I noted on the first page of this thread, it's can only for me going forward.

Posts: 7866 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
quote:
quote:

It's can only for me going forward.

I’m pretty sure that it’s time to invest in a new can. I bought the sdn-6 when it was the apex of suppressor tech but there are A LOT of new options out there.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I’m pretty sure that it’s time to invest in a new can.

Suppressors continue to evolve. There are many good options. Unfortunately, availability and lead times can be issues.

Consider your spring system as a part of recoil reduction. For a long time I just used standard recoil springs. I now have JP Silent Capture spring systems in my 18" and 20" competition rifles. After discussing my rifles with the JP rep, I ordered special H3-weight buffers. Both of these rifles are now amazingly smooth -- a definite improvement in feel over standard springs.

Pretty soon I'll order H3 Silent Springs for my 14" and 16" rifles.

Posts: 7866 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post