SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Got me a SIG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got me a SIG Login/Join 
posted
Got a new Rattler kit for an existing M400 SBR'd lower. Still waiting on thin stock but this will do for now. Been meaning to get a SIG SBR for a while but they never are in stock anywhere and well...its cheaper this way. Found a Rattler kit on gunbroker and didnt get ripped off so I'm feeling good.

Posts: 24 | Registered: January 09, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
thats really nice..thanks for sharing

Posts: 7795 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Nice first post, MKUltra. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
That’s a sweet setup. Makes me want to bust out my credit card

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
well, that's pretty cool. I didn't realize the rattler would work with an AR lower.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Pretty nice, I thought you'd need an adapter of some sort to use on regular lower.

Posts: 1551 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The kit comes with one. They did a really nice job designing the kit to be retro compatible. Save me over a thousand dollars versus buying a complete new SBR and registering it.

Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MKUltra:
The kit comes with one. They did a really nice job designing the kit to be retro compatible. Save me over a thousand dollars versus buying a complete new SBR and registering it.

Did not know, thanks Smile

Posts: 1551 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
Read a review MAC did on a Rattler. According to him they're extremely over gassed and not meant to be run suppressed according to the Sig rep he spoke with. I guess the combination causes them to wear out prematurely. I wanted one until I saw the review. I haven't had much luck with the last three Sig products I purchased so I didn't take the chance.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Adjustable 2 position gas block for the piston with settings for super and subs. Ran mine today with 110 grain Nossler supers and my own 220 grain speer at around 1000 FPS . No hiccups on either with or without the silencer. I undertsand some early Rattlers had a fixed setting block . Only ran a mag of each but there were no issues whatsoever. Thats a LOT more than I can say about the upper I had on there before which was a 10.5" Daniel Defense that absolutely refused to run on subsonics. Even my el cheapo 7" Anderson barreled upper on my AR pistol will run all day on subs and supers. Not the Daniel.

Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Interesting.

Can you post a picture of the adapter that comes with it? Does it work with any MCX upper?

I've been vaguely interested in an MCX, and that seems like an interesting route to go if I can just plunk it on an SBR I already have.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Should work with any SIG MCX upper.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swage:
Read a review MAC did on a Rattler. According to him they're extremely over gassed and not meant to be run suppressed according to the Sig rep he spoke with. I guess the combination causes them to wear out prematurely. I wanted one until I saw the review. I haven't had much luck with the last three Sig products I purchased so I didn't take the chance.

It runs fine in 300. I heard the same thing you did but it was specific to 5.56. Given the size of the barrel, I would never think of trying to run it suppressed in 5.56 unless I had a silencer I wanted to throw away.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe the gassy thing came about from an inexperienced 300 BO SBR user mentioning something he hadnt seen before in other guns. Yes. Take a 5-7 inch barrel ANYTHING and run 1680 through the case and with the silencer attached you are going to get a poof of acrid spent gas back in your face. If anything its less witht he SIG MCX series as its piston driven but theres still a huge reservoir of gas built up in the silencer blowing back through 5.5" of barrel. I was an early adopter of the 300 BO cartridge as almost all my shooting is done suppressed. You get used to it but yeah, sometimes if you just got over a case of bronchitis where that gas is enough to double you over. Thats with a 7" on a DI gun. Pick your powders wisely. Some stink like ammonia and some don't.

Some of the other complaints I read over and over about are the crappy trigger. SIG addressed that and puts the 2 stage match kit in their Rattler kit now. Its a very nice 3lb pull trigger now.

posted Hide Post
Even better