SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    All this talk about lever guns...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

All this talk about lever guns... Login/Join 
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:
Can you have a lever gun w/o it’s revolving caliber mate?

The short answer ... no.

I don't have mine anymore because the sudden demand for lever guns in 45 Colt drove the prices up to I could do better than break even ... and something else caught my eye (like it often does) and believe it or not, whatever it was ... required cash.

Mine was a Uberti Model 1873 that had the brass receiver and I gave $600 for it new, and as a side piece the Uberti 1873 Cattleman also with the Brass receiver ... I thought I was going to get into Cowboy Action Shooting and it was the same as the Colt single action Army or Peace Maker at a much lower price.

When I discovered how expensive it was to really get "into" the sport (15 or so years ago), with the correct period clothes, hat, boots, chaps etc ... I decided I wasn't that into it.

I still enjoy going to watch them at the club once in a while. Some are down right amazing at how fast and accurate they can fan the SSA and lever guns.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
tommy dog wins! ding ding, ding.

that revolver appears to be a double action of some sort.

have you considered a single action in .357 ?

that would be the ultimate collection

It os a Colt Trooper MK III. Flawless with the exception of a small scratch at end of the barrel.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CLEANDEAN
posted Hide Post
Well I have a TC/Contender in .35 Rem. 14 in.Bbl. I have been dreaming of a Henry lever gun in the same caliber.
Doubtful that I will see the carbine when I have the loot.
I know that I will never see any revolver in that .35 Rem . caliber.

Never judge a man, till you have walked a mile in his shoes.....
That way, you'll be a mile away from him; and you'll have his shoes.

Posts: 182 | Location: So. of 3 Rivers < Penna. VIGILANT CURMUDGEON | Registered: April 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post