SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    SIG 556 "Classic" - Parts
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG 556 "Classic" - Parts Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Interesting, but we'll see what happens closer to the 19th.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of the Hudge
posted Hide Post
If you contact Sig and request the parts that are in the original parts kit they will sell them to. The only thing I had to get elsewhere was the recoil spring. Wolff took care of that.

Posts: 799 | Location: Inland Nortwest | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by the Hudge:
If you contact Sig and request the parts that are in the original parts kit they will sell them to. The only thing I had to get elsewhere was the recoil spring. Wolff took care of that.

How did you contact Sig to obtain those parts? By phone or by email?

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have called about 556 parts and never been able to obtain anything. So if some can I'd like to hear about it.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of the Hudge
posted Hide Post
I looked up what was in the spare parts kit then called customer service and ordered the parts minus the recoil spring and said spring retaining pin. When I called they were out of stock on the recoil spring so I got one from Wolff.
I now have a spare parts kit less one pin for about 45 bucks.

Posts: 799 | Location: Inland Nortwest | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by the Hudge:
I looked up what was in the spare parts kit then called customer service and ordered the parts minus the recoil spring and said spring retaining pin. When I called they were out of stock on the recoil spring so I got one from Wolff.
I now have a spare parts kit less one pin for about 45 bucks.

Were you able to get a list of the part numbers in the spare parts kit, and give them those, or did you ask for the parts in the kit by name?

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I actually SBR’d a 556 early on. I think it’s a great rifle and absolutely love the platform. I have a Classic with a 16” barrel too.

I was so mad when canceled it that I vowed to never buy another Sig. The MCX being dropped was inevitable. When I SBr’d A 9mm sub gun, I went with the Scorpion and never even considered the Sig.

IMO, they’ve driven off all the serious rifle buyers.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of the Hudge
posted Hide Post
By the name of each individual part. I found a pic of the whole kit on the internet and wrote down the name of each part.
I opted out of the recoil spring retaining pin as it is supposed to be a pressed in part and (with a bit of plier action) the spring can be threaded off, around the pin and back on the same way. A bit time consuming but my ability's with a hammer tend to leave things in disrepair.

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
I actually SBR’d a 556 early on. I think it’s a great rifle and absolutely love the platform. I have a Classic with a 16” barrel too.

I was so mad when canceled it that I vowed to never buy another Sig. The MCX being dropped was inevitable. When I SBr’d A 9mm sub gun, I went with the Scorpion and never even considered the Sig.

IMO, they’ve driven off all the serious rifle buyers.

Me too....then took the bait on the MCX. While they havent dropped it, yet, right after I bought my last one they released the Virtus with "upgraded" components guaranteed to go 25k rounds. No mention of what was specifically changed, no offer to upgrade existing MCX owners. Fast forward 3 weeks after that and my barrel retaining collar cracked on my 300blk. Sig said it had to be sent in for repair rather than send me the part. Between that and thr BCG recall I owned the rifle for 6 months but only had it in my possesion/operational for about 3.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Interesting, but we'll see what happens closer to the 19th.

3.5 hrs to go, $610.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/715732024

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2318 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post