SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    9mm AR aftermarket trigger suggestions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

9mm AR aftermarket trigger suggestions Login/Join 
King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted
I hope this hasn't been asked and answered 100 times already.

I use Geissele SSA triggers in my rifle caliber AR's, but understand that they may or may not work in 9mm AR's.

I have a CMMG on the way, and am guessing that I may want to upgrade the trigger. Any suggestions?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: varoadking,

Posts: 6699 | Location: Dixie | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
I use the Geissele trigger that Sig included in the 716DMR, SSA I believe. Put a Geissele Hi-Speed DMR in the 716 and moved the SSA to my CMMG Mk9 pistol. Has been fine for thousands of rounds.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ceptor781:
I use the Geissele trigger that Sig included in the 716DMR, SSA I believe. Put a Geissele Hi-Speed DMR in the 716 and moved the SSA to my CMMG Mk9 pistol. Has been fine for thousands of rounds.

Thanks...I may have to give that a try...

Posts: 6699 | Location: Dixie | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
My stock CMMG trigger was pretty bad so the SSA should be a noted improvement. Don’t forget that the LaRue MBT is still on sale too. I’d rate the couple of MBT’s I have better than the one SSA example I have. The Hi-Speeds rule them all though. But for $99 plus shipping the MBT is hard to beat.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
All bolts that are ramped to take either colt or glock mags... no problems running aftermarket triggers.

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CandyMan.45:
All bolts that are ramped to take either colt or glock mags... no problems running aftermarket triggers.

I am not sure anyone is making unramped bolts any longer.
With the new CMMG rifle you should be fine. If it turns out to be unramped send it to Adco and they do it for $50.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25353 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RB211
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CandyMan.45:

I think you are referring to the bottom of the bolt being cut to clear the Glock mag feed lips. Most bolts are in fact coming that way. As far as ramping, Most are now, but not all are ramped the same as there is no spec for it across the 9mm platform. A lot of aftermarket FCG's will work, but there are many that don't. There is a lot of threads on this at Arfcom.

That being said, I use a Hiperfire EDT2 in mine, so far, it has worked perfectly.

Posts: 2039 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 91 | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post
quote:

Awesome...thanks...

King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post
I ordered one of the LaRue Tactical MBT-2S Triggers for $99.00. Likely won't be here before then end of the month...

King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by varoadking:
I ordered one of the LaRue Tactical MBT-2S Triggers for $99.00. Likely won't be here before then end of the month...

Mine arrived last week - +/-6 weeks from order. It was well worth the wait...

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Mine arrived last week - +/-6 weeks from order. It was well worth the wait...

I think the last time I ordered during one of their sales, it was shipped out in less than a week.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
My stock CMMG trigger was pretty bad so the SSA should be a noted improvement. Don’t forget that the LaRue MBT is still on sale too. I’d rate the couple of MBT’s I have better than the one SSA example I have. The Hi-Speeds rule them all though. But for $99 plus shipping the MBT is hard to beat.

So you have used an MBT in a 9mm?
Brad over at LT told me they do not recommend MBT's in any 9mm.

Wondering as I want to put one in an MPX sbr.

Posts: 286 | Location: midwest | Registered: May 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogrobber13:
quote:

So you have used an MBT in a 9mm?
Brad over at LT told me they do not recommend MBT's in any 9mm.

Wondering as I want to put one in an MPX sbr.

From what I’ve heard, they recommend against them in the MPX specifically. The Sig factory trigger has a bridge to prevent damage to the disconnector. I ended up using a Timney MPX two-stage trigger in mine.

I’m thinking of using the MBT in my RRA LAR-9 as it has a normal AR trigger. Since it doesn’t have a bridge, I’m assuming that the problem isn’t the same in other 9mm AR.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
gah wrong thread

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post