SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Anyone here run Fortis hand guards?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone here run Fortis hand guards? Login/Join 
posted
In particular looking at the REV II, as it uses the standard barrel nut.

If there are any other recommendations as well that do not require a proprietary barrel nut i would appreciate it.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Centurion C4 rail system also uses the standard barrel nut.
https://www.centurionarms.com/category-s/1818.htm

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Centurion C4 rail system also uses the standard barrel nut.
https://www.centurionarms.com/category-s/1818.htm

quality rail, but i guess i should have stated i was looking for something little more streamlined. Quad rails is what i have on about 70% of my ARs and looking to change it up some.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
I had the fortix REV 2 on an AR a couple years ago and really liked it, I think it's one of the better looking rails on the market.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Built one with a Rev 2, wonderful handguard. Mine has M-Lok all the way around, and only 1913 across the top and at sections near the muzzle.

IDPA ESP SS

Posts: 964 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryrifle
posted Hide Post
I have a Fortis Switch on an SR-25/308 pattern 6.5 Creedmoor that I built. It is a quality hand guard that functions well. There is some flex in the this hand guard but mine is long at 15". As and aside, I made the mistake of mounting the KeyMod pic-rail attachment just underneath the gas block which caused some contact between the gas block and the rail with a forward load on the bipod having a negative impact on accuracy.

Not a good picture but the only one I have access to at this time:

I would purchase another of these hand guards and recommend them as well.

Henryrifle

Posts: 491 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: November 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have a Fortis Switch

He's asking for handguard that uses the standard AR15 barrel nut, not proprietary. Wink

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryrifle
posted Hide Post
Just commenting on quality but you point is understood.

Henryrifle

Posts: 491 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: November 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryrifle:
Just commenting on quality but you point is understood.

Henryrifle

Although they are both by Fortis, I think the Switch is of higher quality / more robust in terms of the lock up area, although the REV is no push over.

Q

posted Hide Post
Thanks to everyone for the feedback, ordered the REV II yesterday

Ride the lightning
Picture of Killer Instincts
posted Hide Post
You'll be happy. I built my dad an SBR with a 7" REV II on it, and it is a slick handling little carbine.

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post