SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Not sure what kind of gun this is ...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not sure what kind of gun this is ... Login/Join 
Picture of kimberkid
posted
... if its just a made-up Hollywood gun or ???

Anyone know?

For those that don't know, this is Bucky, Captain America's best friend and the pic is a screen shot of a trailer for the movie; Avengers: Infinity War

To me, it looks like the front-end; handguard, carry handle and the bipod legs remind me of a Colt LMG ... the receiver maybe a Stoner-63?

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
M249

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
M249

Yep. In addition to belt feed, they can use STANAG AR mags. Maybe a Surefire mag?

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I'm willing to believe that others know better, but that really does look like a Stoner 86.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/...18/03/23/stoner-didn't-like-saw-stoner-86ares-lmg-1/

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
M-249 with a Surefire mag.
The M-249 was made to run on belt fed as well as M-16 magazines.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Yup.. M249 SAW.. without a pork chop or nut sack. Wink Big Grin

That's most likely a 100 rnd Surefire magazine.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
With a Surefire quad stack mag in it.... it will be a single shot shortly after he starts shooting it.

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaBoy:
With a Surefire quad stack mag in it.... it will be a single shot shortly after he starts shooting it.

LOL!

Thanks guys ...

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
I'm willing to believe that others know better, but that really does look like a Stoner 86.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/...18/03/23/stoner-didn't-like-saw-stoner-86ares-lmg-1/

The stoner doesnt have the pin holes to mount it to a base. The pic above shows the holes for the mount. Its a 249.

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yup....and then the mag will get stuck....never feed a m249 a mag.....they like belts

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
quote:

Yup....and then the mag will get stuck....never feed a m249 a mag.....they like belts

If the gun was fairly new it usually fed from the mag. Get some mileage on them and it was belts only.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post