SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Ruger American Ranch 7.62x39 Grouping Results
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger American Ranch 7.62x39 Grouping Results Login/Join 
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
I suspect the best opportunity for a 7.62x39 chambered rifle is in 3-gun comps -- but AR-15s and their variants rule here.

The 223 is pretty much ubiquitous in 3-gun.

You certainly COULD use a 7.62x39.

Slightly more recoil with no real payoff within the ruleset of that game basically limits the use of that cartridge to newer shooters coming out with the equipment that they currently own.

I wouldn't mind having one for something like wild pig hunting.

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JonDaddy82:
It's not a bench rest rifle, nor did I buy it as one. It's a cheap, handy, durable little ranch gun. One can have 20 rounds of 7.62x39 in a fast handling carbine length weapon that is legal pretty much anywhere, not scary looking, and simple. Perfect for carrying in my SxS or other such farm or "ranch" use.

Do you guys have any wild hogs down there?

I saw my first one in the wild (well, if a corn field can be said to be wild), here in Indiana this spring.

They are supposed to have been living in the Hoosier National Forest for 5 or more years. Not surprising that they are starting to venture out....

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post