SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Geissele SSP trigger- anybody here own one?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Geissele SSP trigger- anybody here own one? Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Most intriguing

Geissle SSP

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107590 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Good stuff there, ( and I own one Geissele trigger, but only because it was the only nice trigger that would fit in a large pin Colt lower, ) however, what about another option that's a one piece, drop-in assembly with no fuss/no muss, from a manufacturer with an even better rep than Geissele AND is about $20 bucks cheaper:

https://vizardsgunsandammo.com...3g-tac-trigger-3gun/

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
My question was about the SSP specifically.

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
$20 when you're in this class of triggers, meh...

I don't know where anyone would get the idea that Wilson has a "better rep" than Geissele, for triggers in particular, it's pretty much what they're known for. Are they actually better, I don't know, ask the military. Wink

Anyway, as to the SSP... I don't have one, but I have the SD-3G (straight bow), which is also a single stage, but #4(can be re-sprung for #3.25) vs #3.5, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. Not sure of your desired use, I doubt either are well suited to precision shooting, that's not what single stage triggers are for.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
Would be interested in knowing if anyone has a single stage trigger on their AR-15, and why they chose it over a two-stage trigger. I'm happy with my two-stage Geissele but always interested in learning.

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
parabellum -- Sorry, but I don't own a Giessele SSP. However, the second stage of their 2-stage triggers is really crisp -- which you are likely well aware of. I'm pretty certain Giessele's SSP will be another example of their high-quality triggers, and the SSP will exhibit a clean break. If I had not already gone down a different path, I would be right there looking for a few.

italia -- I have single stage Wilson Combat triggers on all my ARs, regardless of configuration and intended use. When I began competing in trap/skeet/sporting clays, all my shotguns were configured with a crisp single stage trigger. As I moved on to precision rifle competition, my rifles had a very clean single stage trigger. While adding carbine competition, I tried to keep the same trigger feel. The Wilson TTU is reasonably close to my other platforms' triggers.

Posts: 7873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by italia:
Would be interested in knowing if anyone has a single stage trigger on their AR-15...
Yes. About 15 million AR15s have single stage triggers because that's mil-spec.

I own a couple of Geissele triggers, including this one:

The break on the SSP is sure to be heavier than the second stage on my SSA. What I'd really like to know is the quality and weight of the break. Lighter than my ACT, heavier than my SSA, I figure that much, but the question is- is it worth splitting the difference between the ACT and SSA.

Bill Geissele's the man in my book and I use his triggers and those of Geissele's sister company, and nothing else.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
I have fired a friends rifle that had the SSP trigger and thought it was nice. I have the High Speed National Match DMR and the SSA-E in my rifles. I thought the SSP was similar to the National Match.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know this is an older thread, but was hoping for some replies with first hand experience.
It is black Friday time and it would help to know more about this model.

Posts: 1196 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have now about 5 of these. I've never been a 2 stage guy and these work fine for me. I consider this really the top of the heap on single stage. Clean break, very crisp reset. There really isn't anything you can complain about other than price.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
A few weeks ago one of my coworkers mistakenly ordered a SSP instead of the SSA-E that he had shot in one of my rifles. I think he suffered youthful brain freeze when he saw 'sale' and 'Geissele' on the same webpage and the arrival of the SSP was the result. He's a kid and a bit of dunderhead so I suppose it shouldn't have been a surprise.

He installed it in his latest AR build; I've had a chance to dry fire it and I must say that if I were a single-stage groupie this SSP would be a choice way to go. How it compares to other 'better than MIL-spec' SS triggers, that I can't say other than that I've shot a drop-in SS Timney before that I thought at the time was pretty nice. But from what I remember it still wasn't as clean and precise in its action as the SSP that my coworker has. Which is pretty much the same assessment I have with Timney's 2-stage triggers when compared to comparable Geissele triggers (the Timney 2S drop-in in my MPX vs a SSA-E, for example).

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post