SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    LWRCI DI?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LWRCI DI? Login/Join 
Picture of Amurr
posted
I had very little interest in this brand or Rifle. I currently have no AR (sold them all in the panic a few years back) but have had a variety including BCM, PWS, Noveske and KAC.

I plan on buying another AR shortly and was pretty set on either a Dd V7 MLOK or a BCM (simple basic you know the drill). I recently started pricing them out and they come in around 1300$

Was in my local fun shop today picking up a few things and they had a LWRCI DI rifle on sale for like 1k. ($300 cheaper than the DD or BCM). I have shot enough DI AR's to know as long as it's not crap it's probably good to go and I know my firing schedule is only about 500rnds a year. The LWCRI had some decent features also like full ambi controls, spiral fluted bArrel, I like he low profile stock, etc.

Any reason to not spend that extra $300 on mags ammo and optics vs the BCM/DD

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Amurr,

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
I just sold a few LWRC DI rifles. All were top notch fit and finish dept. Most definitely use the funds elsewhere.....this coming from a DD fanboy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: WARPIG602,

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
LWRCI rifles are very good quality, but the one feature I don't like it the spiral fluted barrel. Just looks goofy to me. But if you like the way it looks, go for it.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ed308
posted Hide Post
I have their SPR Six8. LWRC ARs are excellent quality.

Posts: 605 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
top of the line quality I had one but it was heavvvvvy so I sold it btw it was a piston model not a di

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my opinion is the best AR rifle for the price at the moment.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those LWRC DI guns are a steal at that price. Excellent quality, their DI guns are much lighter than their pistons. Only downer is that some of the parts are proprietary (see how the fore end is mounted). Best deal I've seen lately on an upper tier AR, I bought 2! :-)

...............dj

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
I have one of their piston guns from about 2 years ago. The quality of the gun has been great. I've had zero issues. For ~1K, I'd go for it. My piston was ~$2300 a couple of years ago.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
I echo what everyone else says - LWRCI makes an excellent high-quality product (although it is heavier than my DI guns)

I can't speak about LWRCI DI rifles because I don't have direct experience with them. However, if they have the same quality as their piston models, they should by GTG.

Posts: 244 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I now have around 300 rds through my LWRC DI and so far I'm very happy, I actually like it more than my KAC mod 1 that cost me double what I paid for the LWRC. For the record I did change a few things, B5 stock, Chrome silicon buffer spring, Geissle SD3G, Presicion armament afab. Overall it's a great rifle build with great quality and wouldn't hesitate to use it to protect myself or my family, My BCM and the LWRC are now my go to rifles.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with many of the posters here. The LWRCI DI is a beautifully engineered carbine at a great price point for all the features you get. Chris Bartocci did a great video review of it on You Tube and Chris knows his stuff. I haven't bought an AR rifle in years but if I did it would be a LWRCI.

Never forget 9/11.

Posts: 11 | Location: South Florida USA | Registered: May 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post