SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    RIA/Armscor M5 Shotgun
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIA/Armscor M5 Shotgun Login/Join 
posted
Thoughts, experiences? Junk or not. Thanks in advance

Posts: 52 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is basically a remake of the old High Standard Flite King which was a cheap shotgun in its day and sold under the JC Higgins and Sears brand. If I wanted an under $200 pump action I would choose the Maverick 88 which is Mossberg's budget version of the 500. Or the H&R Pardner Pump which is based on the Remington 870.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
I was looking at buying one also, but watched a youtube video and it seemed to jam several times. I think I am going to buy a Mossberg instead.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one a few years ago and initially had problems with it until I figured out the two small screws on each side of the loading gate that hold the cartridge stops that cycle shells out of the mag tube in place loosened up with use. Plus the magazine follower was not working correctly and I replaced it with another brand. With the KAK extended mag tube it now works perfect so far. Your mileage may vary but I do plan to buy another one day and do the same mods.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post