SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Picked up a M1 super 90
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up a M1 super 90 Login/Join 
posted
After having sellers remorse for selling my M4 this spring I have been slowly looking for a replacement.

Last evening I stumbled upon an HK imported M1 with a date code of BD which with my limited google-fu puts it at a 1994 production. The best part is the original owner never fired it and I believe it from the condition. This one came with the pistol grip stock, barrel mounted rifle sights, and a 7+1+1 capacity. The outside of the box is a little beat up, but everything is where it should be inside. Now the real question is to shoot it or keep it unfired since it made it this long.

Hopefully I can get the image to come through.

https://flic.kr/p/2knF8Xf

Posts: 225 | Location: Southern, PA | Registered: July 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shkuhn:
Now the real question is to shoot it or keep it unfired since it made it this long.

That's not a real question.

Save it for? To sell it for $200 more ten years from now?
How much would you charge me to store a gun at your house for ten years? More than $20 a year? Wink

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shoot it. Shoot it again and keep doing so. The M1 Super 90 is an amazing shotgun that needs to be used.

Posts: 130 | Location: GA | Registered: April 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
An excellent shotgun. I'd simply use it. Get to know your new acquisition.

I sold my M1 off several years back and picked up an M4 - primarily due to the wider array of accessories I was looking for at the time.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Nice score! Shoot it! I can't even fathom why someone would buy a gun like that and not shoot it for 26 years...

Posts: 8414 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
VERY nice score. Enjoy.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
A very nice M1. I would shoot the hell out of if. I sold mine 2 years ago and kind of regret it to this day.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love my camo M1 super 90, that thing is about as bomb proof as you can get for a semi auto 12.

Posts: 1621 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like I’ll have to take this thing out and put some rounds through it. I have a vepr 12-80 that still needs shot as well.

Most of my shotgun shooting involves doves or ducks so the defense shotguns rarely see use.

Posts: 225 | Location: Southern, PA | Registered: July 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
Shoot it. Wink

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I have an M2, which as I understand is a follow on to the M1. Mine came with the ‘steady-grip’ stock. I later bought a regular stock for versatility.

Posts: 6129 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
I don't know if HK marked M1s are exactly collector grade items or if keeping it unfired would pay off in a few years time.

I do know that these older guns with the early style receivers are getting very hard to find especially in unfired condition. I know because it was quite challenging when I was searching for it and that was a few years back.

If you want to keep it as a safe queen, there's no shame in that, there's plenty of legitimate ways to appreciate a gun without necessarily having to "shoot the heck out of it".

Best of all, you can always change your mind later.

Posts: 10831 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of samnev
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WRAM1:
Shoot it. Shoot it again and keep doing so. The M1 Super 90 is an amazing shotgun that needs to be used.

Ditto, I sold my M4 and am not sorry I did so since I already had M1Super 90. To this day I don't know why I ever bought the M4.

Posts: 1836 | Location: Arizona | Registered: June 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m still not sure if I will shoot this one or not. I will say going from shooting slugs out of a pump shotgun to the M4 was night and day.

The good news is the profit from the M4 was almost enough to pay for the M1.

posted Hide Post
A Benelli has always been a classic for hunting or home. Here is mine to which I added a new Surefire LED light which was discontinued about a decade ago, I believe. I obtained this nib Surefire from an owner who had it in a safe unopened. SF makes lights for 870s and Mossbergs but no longer available for a Benelli.

The shotgun is an “Entry” model, factory SBS transferred to me on Form 4 that was from a SWAT team w 14” open cylinder bore and rifle sights. All speaks of a well-thought-out design. It shoots all from light loads. If you get a new Benelli, always initially shoot several boxes of full power loads to help break it in and it will cycle the light ones once broken in.

Anyway, I like this shotgun.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wdAx6seF4B7jpFg78

Posts: 2558 | Location: Ark, USA | Registered: January 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I understand about wanting to keep something new and pristine but at this stage of my life, I want to be able to enjoy shooting what I own.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a early 90's vintage M1S90 that is definitely a shooter - it bears all the scuffs and scratches of a head-on cruiser crash that totaled the car, but not the shotgun.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I think the right collector would pay a premium for a new in box, HK, affiliated M1 shotgun.

As good as it is, I would probably find a shooter, like a Benelli M2 or Beretta 1301 gen 2.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
an M1 is my go-to HD gun.

love it.

--------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IO had two M1s, sold one which I sort of regret. However, I now also own two M4s which are just much softer shooters with big slug loads. I really like the M1 but am wondering what to do with it.

Posts: 146 | Registered: August 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post