SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Bummer. PA red dot broke just sitting in the safe
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bummer. PA red dot broke just sitting in the safe Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
I only used it a couple times in the years I’ve had it. It’s one of the Aimpoint looking ones. I tried to turn it on and got nothing. I thought it even had a new battery.

I popped in another new Duracell and still nothing.

I guess it broke just sitting in the safe turned off.

The Sig Romeos still light up when moved but I think this one will get a prism Vortex to replace it.

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They'll replace it.

Posts: 5160 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
It was a Classic 30mm Red Dot I bought in 2013. They still warranty it? I don’t think they even carry it any more.

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
It was a Classic 30mm Red Dot I bought in 2013. They still warranty it? I don’t think they even carry it any more.

give them a call: protected by the Primary Arms Limited Lifetime Warranty. If a defect due to materials or workmanship, or even normal wear and tear, has caused your product to malfunction, Primary Arms will either repair or replace your product.

Posts: 1244 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Did the battery leak while installed inside the unit? I ask because sometimes they do leak, and depending on how much light is in the area that you have when you inspect it, a leak is sometimes easily overlooked. Sometimes a leak causes significant corrosion and a mess, but if caught fairly quickly, may not cause as much apparent damage, but the unit still fails to power up.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Your replacement battery was probably dead (maybe)

Did you check the voltages with a meter?

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Your replacement battery was probably dead (maybe)

Did you check the voltages with a meter?

No leaks. I did not check the new battery. It was a brand new Duracell 1/3N I pulled from the cardboard blister pack.