SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    "What is the best AR trigger"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"What is the best AR trigger" Login/Join 
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
@rainman, email me your address and I'll lend you a brand-new MBT for a couple weeks, no charge!

quote:
Originally posted by rainman64:
I changed my post.
I USED to hate 2 stage.
But from what I hear about the MBT, I wanted to try it on my match grade rifle to see if it improves my accuracy.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Aside from a lone Geissele for a large pin Colt lower, all of my ARs have Wilson Combat TTUs installed.

I've been using these for about eight or more years now. I'm firmly sold on them.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I had never used anything but the standard LPK/whatever-comes-from-the-factory AR trigger until I bought a rifle that already had a KE Arms one-piece trigger in it. I really liked it, but still had nothing else to really compare it to. Before I sold that rifle, I swapped the triggers from it and another gun, so I could keep that trigger. Not long after that, the trigger pins the gun I tossed the KE Arms trigger in kept walking out - enough to cause failures in a couple shots. I went to my LGS to grab an anti-walk pin set, but the only thing they had was a CMC trigger that came with anti-walk pins. I grabbed that, and figured I'd toss it in for the time being and order anti-walk pin set on Ebay.

now I REALLY love the CMC trigger for the one rifle, and the KE Arms works well in the other, too. CMC is definitely lighter, single-stage. the KE is, I think, a heavier but really short two-stage? not positive though.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I shot an AR Gold flat trigger earlier this year and it was fantastic. I only had my AR with an ACT with me, but I wish I had my AR with my SSA with me.

The AR Gold had a very clean break and a short reset. It definitely felt like a more expensive trigger than my ACT, but not sure it was worth the extra $200.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
For me, I like the Larue triggers a whole lot and have them in 4 guns. I did keep an ACT trigger in my Colt for home defense.

Posts: 1215 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnV:
Love my MBT from LaRue. Bought it on this forums recommendation.

Same here, tried one out on the forum recommendation and loved it. Have since put them in all my AR's. For the price point there is no competition IMO.

Posts: 1767 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ed308
posted Hide Post
LaRue's MBT is my favorite. Purchased my fist for $99 when it was on sale. Purchased 3 more the time they were on sale for that price.

Posts: 605 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I guess I am going to have to try an MBT out with all the praise of them, now to wait for the $99 sale again.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David W:
I guess I am going to have to try an MBT out with all the praise of them, now to wait for the $99 sale again.

I wouldn't be surprise to see a "labor day" sale coming up soon.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've sent a couple off to Bill Springfield for tuning.

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jezsuiz
posted Hide Post
I usually use Chip McCormick triggers. I recently used a rise armament in my latest ar. It's a single stage 3.5lb trigger for about $140. I have about 3k rounds through it and have no issues so far. I prefer single stage "cassette" style triggers. In the off chance you lower isn't true it's still gtg.

Posts: 556 | Location: NE not new england | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
I have one of the Paul Howe Wilson Combat triggers in one of my ARs. After seeing all the posts regarding the LaRue MBT I think I will have to install one on my other AR

Posts: 244 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Careful What You Wish For...
Picture of Monk
posted Hide Post
Geissele SSA and SSA-E in all my rifles.

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11865 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
FYI:

Larue MBT on sale $99

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/1980086224/p/3

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4561 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of samnev
posted Hide Post
I have the Geissele SSA-E in all my semi auto's except for 1 AR Gold. I prefer the Geissele trigger.

Posts: 1836 | Location: Arizona | Registered: June 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised nobody has been a smartass yet and said Geissele SSF. I'd like to try an SSA, and a buddy of mine claims its ALG counterpart is nearly as good.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
No mention of the Elftman?

This trigger is amazing.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.c...al-drop-in-triggers/

https://www.google.com/amp/www...trigger-roundup/amp/

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post