SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    If you were going to ever own just one Ruger 10/22, what would you buy?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you were going to ever own just one Ruger 10/22, what would you buy? Login/Join 
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
My favorite one these days is the Charger pistol. I added the brace adapter and KAK Shock Blade brace. This only works on the polymer version. Grand kiddos dig it suppressed and with a RDS.

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
" ," cuz I did, twenty-some years ago.

I've got to agree with RichardC, I have a lot of .22 rifles including some 10/22's.
If I could only have one, I would once again buy the original 10/22 that I picked up in 1984 for $99.

It is surprisingly accurate, incredibly reliable and one of the lightest and handiest woods rifles that I own.

Here is a 10 shot group with Federal bulk pack ammo. It does better with premium ammo.

5 shot group at 25 yds with Remington branded Eley ammo.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
After watching a video of someone taking one of these:

And building one of these:

High Tower Armory 90/10 kit. I think that I'd like to do one.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
If I could only have 1, I would choose the take down version.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Without a doubt my favorite is the Takedown with the heavy barrel.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
10/22 50th Anniversary Edition

Stainless, and comes from the factory with peep sights, a rail, and a threaded muzzle.

Everything I want on a 10/22, right out of the box.

Of course the best model is limited production.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
quote:

Stainless, and comes from the factory with peep sights, a rail, and a threaded muzzle.

Yeah. Only offered in 2014, for the 50th Anniversary.

They do still offer a model that's somewhat similar, but it isn't stainless, and it doesn't have a threaded muzzle.

https://ruger.com/products/102...pecSheets/31115.html

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
After watching a video of someone taking one of these:

And building one of these:

High Tower Armory 90/10 kit. I think that I'd like to do one.

I love my space guns too much to not consider that. Snag a receiver before July and just build it up later....

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I like several of the conversion 10-22 kits as well, but then you are sinking even more money into the project ... I've got a G36-22 kit and the only thing I don't like is the kit mags (that look like G36 mags) don't function well but every other mag I've tried works fine.

Then there is the precision stock

Neither are necessary but both are fun

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
quote:

Yeah. Only offered in 2014, for the 50th Anniversary.

They do still offer a model that's somewhat similar, but it isn't stainless, and it doesn't have a threaded muzzle.

https://ruger.com/products/102...pecSheets/31115.html

Thompson Center offers the T/C R22 which evidently has pretty substantial parts compatibility with the 10/22 and has lots of the features that made the Anniversary and Collectors Series 10/22 so cool.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
I'd like to share a story about my first 10/22. It was the first rifle that I owned and is still one of my favorites.

I received it in 1984 and have shot the living daylights out of it since then. At one time I lived out in the country and shot it almost every day.

In 2012, I dropped it on a concrete floor and it landed on the receiver cracking it.

I emailed Ruger, giving them all the details and asked about the cost of a new receiver. I explained that it was my fault and that my then 28 year old rifle had an ungodly amount of rounds through it.
They asked me to send the receiver in for evaluation and then sent me this letter in response:

A few weeks later my FFL received this:

The lady that I talked to on the phone said that if I had sent in the whole rifle, they would have given me a new one.
However, I wanted to keep the barrel as I feel it is an exceptional barrel.

Not many companies provide this level of service to their customers.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room
Picture of Rigby470
posted Hide Post
I have one of the 50th Anniversary stainless models, and I really like it a lot. But my favorite is from Tactical Solutions--The X-Ring.

https://www.tacticalsol.com/x-...fle-with-hogue-stock

========================

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Home Firearm Safety Instructor
NRA Range Officer
NRA Life Member

Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #13-943

Posts: 1103 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
If I could have only one, it would be the clone rifle sold by Thompson/Center. A very nice upgrade from the Ruger in my opinion.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:

I picked one of these up at a gun show for a great deal, they are a sweet rifle

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post