SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    HD/PDW firearms OR just your favorite blasters
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HD/PDW firearms OR just your favorite blasters Login/Join 
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted
Beside a bedside Walther PPQ45 and a 12ga nearby these are my 2 favorites if things ever went turbo:

+ these two are the most fun for recreational desert shooting too.
What are your choices? PIX please.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Z06,

Posts: 4017 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Well, it’s got very few fans here... but I dig my Virtus sbr chambered in .300Blk. I have a 14” 870 police currently waiting on its stamp.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dry Fly,
That's a nice looking little rig. Is that an LWRC butt stock?

Posts: 4578 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
MK18 300blk, was my truck gun but is now on permanent predator control duties with the FLIR PTS 233 mounted on it. Also no sports an SBA3. The DD V7S on the left is my go to. About as close to PDW as I'll probably get.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Arsenal SLR104UR I did the form 1 and SBR'ed it.
8.5" barrel. Had the gas block machined back and barrel threaded 1/2 x 28 and installed Dead Air flash hider. I use the Dead Air pyro can when I want it loud and proud and a suppressor to make it mild. Pictured with Omega 300 with KeyMo mount but should be picking up my Sandman K any day now to keep it as short as possible. I've wanted a Krink type rifle for a long time and finally got one in my safe.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dusty3030:
Arsenal SLR104UR I did the form 1 and SBR'ed it.
8.5" barrel. Had the gas block machined back and barrel threaded 1/2 x 28 and installed Dead Air flash hider. I use the Dead Air pyro can when I want it loud and proud and a suppressor to make it mild. Pictured with Omega 300 with KeyMo mount but should be picking up my Sandman K any day now to keep it as short as possible. I've wanted a Krink type rifle for a long time and finally got one in my safe.

Question, is the Pyro adjustable at all to act more like flash suppressor rather than a flash brightener? I thought I saw where they made a blast sleeve but cant find it. We have similar setups with our cans and Im looking for something to put on my shorter rifles when one or the other is wearing the Sandman K. For the price, Im thinking about just getting another K.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:

Question, is the Pyro adjustable at all to act more like flash suppressor rather than a flash brightener? I thought I saw where they made a blast sleeve but cant find it. We have similar setups with our cans and Im looking for something to put on my shorter rifles when one or the other is wearing the Sandman K. For the price, Im thinking about just getting another K.

I don't think it is adjustable. It makes quite a flame.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Yep, it briefly had an LWRC stubby on, it currently has a VLTOR stock on it with a better ergos IMO. It runs like a clock

quote:
Originally posted by CD228:
Dry Fly,
That's a nice looking little rig. Is that an LWRC butt stock?
Razz

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Maybe a bit unorthodox, but this guy has a role in my HD plan:

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I guess I'll be the first to say "NOT FAIR!!! That's like having to pick your favorite child!

Right now I'd have to say my "new to me" SiG 550 ... and just got a Copper Custom brace or stock adapter for my Ruger Charger Take Down ... It's like a whole new & different gun!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5705 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
9mm Colt Pattern AR. Rock River lower with locally built 16 inch upper, and 32 round Colt stick mags.

Will eventually get a stripped pistol lower with a brace and transition the parts over, so I can put a 10.5 inch upper on it. I will then build out the RRA lower to be a precision varminter with a 22 or 24 inch heavy barrel.

This thing is one of the most fun blasters I own.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12765 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Why? 'Cause 'MERICA!!!

blast by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post