SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Benelli M3, still in production ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Benelli M3, still in production ? Login/Join 
Read the CONSTITUTION
Picture of Mountain Man
posted
Like the title says. Are they still selling them new in the states? See it still on website, and ran across a newer review, but didn't say if it was new or old.

A 9mm in MY Hand is better than a 45 at home.
SIG P-239 357.. The Modern Martial Arts
Pair of 226 Navy's

Too many" LOW INFORMATION VOTERS "
si vis pacem para bellvm

Posts: 2172 | Location: UN Constitution State  | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
Not sure, But like you said, they still show them on their website, and Gunbroker is still showing some for sale as well. Might not hurt to give them a call for clarification. Good luck.

Posts: 1124 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Read the CONSTITUTION
Picture of Mountain Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by m1009:
Not sure, But like you said, they still show them on their website, and Gunbroker is still showing some for sale as well. Might not hurt to give them a call for clarification. Good luck.

Yes I see those. But all were used, older ones. Looking to see if ordering a new one is possible, sometimes websites aren't accurate, and
Thought M3 might be out of production.

Pair of 226 Navy's

si vis pacem para bellvm

Posts: 2172 | Location: UN Constitution State  | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
https://www.benelli.it/en/prod...matic-shotguns/m3/m3

Wouldn’t Benelli know?

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
Dammit, dude...now I have to watch Eraser again.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still very much in production. A couple of weeks ago our Benelli rep asked if I wanted to include some in our order since the factory started back up production and was now concentrating exclusively on defensive shotguns. I declined, grumbled about needing SBE3s for this fall's waterfowl season and stuck with ordering tactical M2, M4s, Novas and Supernovas.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
M4’s magically went up $300-$700 in the last month on the secondary market. lol
Did the wholesale price go up at all?

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
M4’s magically went up $300-$700 in the last month on the secondary market. lol
Did the wholesale price go up at all?

C19 baby... panic buyers love some shotguns... I put an extra Mossberg 590 for sale on a local forum about a year ago, but nobody was interested. People started bumping a year old thread asking if it was 'still available?' back in March. Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Read the CONSTITUTION
Picture of Mountain Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
Still very much in production. A couple of weeks ago our Benelli rep asked if I wanted to include some in our order since the factory started back up production and was now concentrating exclusively on defensive shotguns. I declined, grumbled about needing SBE3s for this fall's waterfowl season and stuck with ordering tactical M2, M4s, Novas and Supernovas.

They quote any window when they drive in the states?

Pair of 226 Navy's

si vis pacem para bellvm

posted Hide Post
So...reviving this thread...apologize for not following the subsequent questions.

M2s and M4s have been coming in on a regular basis since last fall, at least for us. Prices from Benelli did suffer a LITTLE upward creep...only by $100 or so for the M2 and M4, but that's not a surprise, only a little earlier than normal (December/January is when they usually raise prices for the upcoming calendar year). Minimal price hikes for the tactical pumps (about $50 at wholesale). Benelli annually bumps many of their prices by about 3-5 percent, though not always. Last model year they really didn't, because sales WERE down for them before all of this Rona mess happened. Any additional bounce at retail right now is solely at the hands of profiteering dealers...or greedy flippers.

The legacy M2 line is now 'officially' supposed to be discontinued, but Benelli was still shipping tactical M2s as of last month. There's purportedly a replacement coming for the M2, but our rep was short on providing exact details other than to say that its internals will be based on the SBE3. It still will be a 3" gun for both field and defense configurations. He didn't say if they were going to keep the 'M2' name or go with new branding. I bring this up because these latest M2s we received seem a bit different from past ones that we've had; the loading elevator still automatically flips up with slow manipulation of the bolt action like so many Benelli semi-autos do, but in these two models it doesn't stick in the up position like the older Benellis (requiring you to stick your hand into the breech opening to manually force the elevator down to clear the obstruction, and meanwhile keeping your other hand on the charging handle to prevent the bolt from slamming into the first hand as you're executing this fix).

He also thought we needed some M3s, the original subject of this thread. So he sent us two, without first asking if we wanted them. Forgot just how much of a pain in the ass that thing is to assemble. I still don't see the appeal in the gun, or the point. A combo pump/semi-auto with a somewhat convoluted manual of arms and definitely fussy and complicated mechanicals...I forget, did HK play a pivotal role in designing this thing? They DID own Benelli once upon a time, until they needed cash like they always do ever few years, and sold them to Beretta. Because it certainly seems like the sort of complex mess that they would have a hand in doing. Who actually thought this creation was a good idea? Had to have been some military or agency with a procurement team that's been around chemical weapons a bit too much...

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
So...reviving this thread...apologize for not following the subsequent questions. (snip)

I've been curious about something on my M3 and nobody has yet come up with an answer. May as well ask here:

There's the silver "cocking indicator" on the right side of the triggerguard. Manual (online) says the hammer has to be cocked to perform certain functions and the indicator has to be in the down position. My question is this:

there are serrations on the bottom edge of the indicator... I assume it's meant to be pressed upward for some reason. With a loaded magazine, if you press the indicator upward a shell is released from the mag onto the carrier. However, I can't think of a reason why... the gun cycles the same way with a shell thus on the cartridge carrier as it does without... the shell in the chamber is ejected when you cycle the action and the next shell (either previously released and sitting atop the carrier or now released from the mag) is chambered as the bolt closes. What's the purpose for this feature?

I've read the "cartridge replacement" section of the manual and it mentions nothing about pressing the cocking indicator... it just says to press the carrier upward while opening the bolt so you can eject the shell in the chamber without one being released from the magazine. You're supposedly now able to drop a different shell into the receiver... however the carrier is now in the way. If you try to press the carrier down, the bolt closes on your thumb. This doesn't feel good.

On the M2 this silver lever/button acts as a bolt hold open if the gun is empty and a shell/mag release when loaded. On the M3... Nope. On the M3 the bolt won't lock back unless the magazine is empty. And if the magazine is empty, it locks back every time you either pull the charging handle fully to the rear, or use the pump feature to retract the bolt (unless you hold down the bolt release button on the right side of the receiver).

I wonder if they simply included this silver thingy on the M3 even though the design made it redundant or something. Like it holds in another part or whatever.

I suppose as a cocking indicator it has SOME value... I'm just curious if it has any other purpose, or if there's any reason for it to release a shell from the mag with the action closed and the carrier down (which, as I said, happens anyway when you retract the bolt to chamber or eject a cartridge, and with the carrier UP for unloading without chambering, the cocking indicator does not release a cartridge from the mag... you have to do it manually). I don't get it.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3188 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Something to do with a new two peace shell latch. (or something... my brain is mush, struggling for the proper Benelli terminology despite owning a bunch of them and buying many more of those parts)

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post