SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    SIG Romeo 5
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG Romeo 5 Login/Join 
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted
Primary Arms had them on sale for $150 .
I saw that they're Aimpoint T-1 mount compatible so I ordered one .

Anyone have a Romeo 5?
I saw the threads on the 4 a while back.
For $150 I'm not going to be upset if it's no better / just as good as a re-badged Holosun that I hear it may be.
Especially since I was planning to buy a Holosun !

But I've not held or played with one so I was wondering if anyone had one.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I have one. I haven't run it hard, but its served it's purpose thus far. It's light, the optic is reasonably clear, and the dot is bright and crisp. It's held zero through a couple of range trips after being banged around in the backseat of the truck. It's not an Aimpoint, but its not garbage either. I figure for less than $200 as long as it lives for two years it will have paid for iteself.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Saw this video today.
Looks like it will withstand any abuse I'll ever give it.
Shooting it with s shotgun seemed a bit much but nice that it still worked & held zero

https://youtu.be/Fuq_N129SAI

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
The Romeo 5 arrived today.
Really like it.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
That's looks nice, let us know how it performs.

Posts: 2336 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Questions = Harassment
posted Hide Post
I have one on my CZ EVO3 carbine and really like it. Nice and clear, the motion activation is a big plus.

Posts: 370 | Location: VA | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I picked up a Kley-Zion QD mount a few months back.
Figured I'd use it for this sight.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Does the box say where it was manufactured?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
It's under the sight hidden by the mount

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Tell me about that mount please. I'm intrigued.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I got mine used for $35 on Ebay.
But I doubt it was ever used.
I actually like it. It's not as tacticool as an American Defense mount but I paid about half as much for it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GrumpyBiker,

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

posted Hide Post
I still find the "Made by Sig Sauer" on the listing humorous, compared to the assembled (made) in China on the sight itself, where 90% of owners will never see it.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
huh..I was told they weren't compatible with aimpoint mounts. might have to go with it over the holosun

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin101:
huh..I was told they weren't compatible with aimpoint mounts. might have to go with it over the holosun

There are Holosun's that are Aimpoint mount compatible - available in Holosun and SIG branding.

Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Our local cop shop has them for $139.99, I snagged one from Primary Arms for $149.95
That's less than I've seen the Primary Arms MD-ADS or the Holosun HS403G .
I'm glad it's made by Holosun after seeing the torture tests that their sights can stand up to.

While I have three Aimpoints on my go to guns, I have 11 ARs & I can't afford to put a $650 T-1 on everyone of them.
Or even a $425 for a PRO all at once, especially if I want to buy ammunition, accessories & enjoy the "sport / hobby" the way I like.
So for me these are a nice option.

If I remember correctly the Romeo 4 is not T-1 mount compatible.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Handled one this week and looks like it'll use A T-1 mount. I'll probably give one a try for $150 or less.

Posts: 5999 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I bought one and have been impressed so far. Im curious to see how long thr battery will last, but for the price, i dont regret the purchase one bit.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
Seriously consider the Holosun HS515CU. Has auto and manual brightness adjust.

No dial on the side so FOV seems better with less obstruction. Clear glass, no tint. The screws on the battery tray suck though. It comes with a little tool, and even a spare tray. The screws don't like the tool. Use a jewlers screwdriver.

IT IS BRIGHT.

Not all video reviews on YouTube are accurate.

Comes WITH hi (1/3) and low QD mount (remove spacer for low), will use T1 mount, lens covers (rotate and detachable), kill flash (detachable), solar and battery power (will switch to battery automatically) with 2MOA dot or 6MOA Circle dot. Call optics planet, you can offer $200 to Dwight at extension 319. Or email him:
dwight.mcConnell@OpticsPlanet.com

Dwight is busy but, will give you the best price on anything OP sells. (Not affiliated, just happened upon getting Dwight once and now I only call him)

HTH, I love mine. For $200 it can't be beat.

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I know they sell Sig's red dots on GovX. Might have to try this out. My Beretta Cx4 has been crying out for a RDS.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
I just checked GovX. They have Romeo4A for 249.95. Might be worth the bump?

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post