SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    SIG Romeo 5
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG Romeo 5 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
I just checked GovX. They have Romeo4A for 249.95. Might be worth the bump?

Take a ride to Woodbridge and visit Quantico Tactical. I believe they are a Sig Elite dealer and have LEO/Mil prices if you qualify. I ordered a Romeo 4M from them and waiting for it to arrive.

Dum Spiro Pugno

Posts: 174 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just bought a Romeo five from my local stealer. $150 Ill mount it and try it next weekend.

Posts: 440 | Location: people republic of Crapachusettes | Registered: September 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
A bit off topic, but I worked with three Romeo04 sights today, and I was very impressed with the windage and elevation adjustments. The clicks were audible and very distinct. The adjustments seemed very accurate and repeatable as well. I was also surprised to learn that the Romeo04 reticle can be switched between a plain dot and the circle/dot like an EOTech. I’ll be curious to see how the sights hold up, but at first blush I would definitely give one a second look.

After quickly and easily zeroing three rifles with the SIG sights, we checked the zero of an officer’s EOTech. We discovered that its settings had migrated 2 inches down and 2 inches right at 50 yards since the last time it had been checked. After chasing the zero all over the target we finally got it set (close enough), but I was again reminded of why I hate trying to zero EOTech sights.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47363 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strider41:
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
I just checked GovX. They have Romeo4A for 249.95. Might be worth the bump?

Take a ride to Woodbridge and visit Quantico Tactical. I believe they are a Sig Elite dealer and have LEO/Mil prices if you qualify. I ordered a Romeo 4M from them and waiting for it to arrive.

Just a vet now. Most .mil discounts went way when I earned my DD-214. But coming November I can shop online at the Navy exchange website. So I got that going for me.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dead_Eye
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
...we checked the zero of an officer’s EOTech. We discovered that its settings had migrated 2 inches down and 2 inches right at 50 yards since the last time it had been checked. After chasing the zero all over the target we finally got it set (close enough), but I was again reminded of why I hate trying to zero EOTech sights.

EOTechs in your department are allowed to be used in the field? I don't know anyone after the announcement who would give it their blessing.

Beware the man who has one gun because he probably knows how to use it.

Posts: 368 | Location: Somplace with cold drinks and warm women | Registered: May 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dead_Eye:
EOTechs in your department are allowed to be used in the field? I don't know anyone after the announcement who would give it their blessing.

Not my department, one I was assisting.
But now that you ask the question, I may prompt the officer to be more diligent about checking the zero and to take advantage of the refund program if it moves again.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47363 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Dang I missed this price.

Turner’s Outdoorsman, in Southern California, has the Romeo 5 in their spring catalogue for $169.98.

https://www.turners.com/info/4ucrepev-35#.WMoT3411qM8

I guess I will keep trying Primary Arms.
Thanks for the info.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
deguns.net has the ROMEO4A for $169.99.

Can anyone recommend a QD mount?

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Amazon Prime has the Romeo 5 for $153.95

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:

Link? I see it for $169.99
https://www.amazon.com/Sig-Sau...8-1&keywords=romeo+5

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
deguns.net has the ROMEO4A for $169.99.

Can anyone recommend a QD mount?

Posted earlier in this thread
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...200042024#5200042024

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was also surprised to learn that the Romeo04 reticle can be switched between a plain dot and the circle/dot like an EOTech

Not on the 4A version.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:

Link? I see it for $169.99
https://www.amazon.com/Sig-Sau...8-1&keywords=romeo+5

A friend of mine sent me this saying he just ordered it after seeing mine.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.sportsmansoutdoors...&utm_campaign=040617

Best price I have seen. $139 for romeo5.

Posts: 153 | Registered: June 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
quote:
I was also surprised to learn that the Romeo04 reticle can be switched between a plain dot and the circle/dot like an EOTech

Not on the 4A version.

I missed that earlier; thanks.

6.4/93.6

— Plato

posted Hide Post
My Romeo5 should be here Friday, can't wait to check it out.

Posts: 75 | Registered: June 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I still find the "Made by Sig Sauer" on the listing humorous, compared to the assembled (made) in China on the sight itself, where 90% of owners will never see it.

SIG has a secondary office in China. So, it is made by SIG Sauer. Oh, how clever of SIG.

Q

Posts: 26194 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I still find the "Made by Sig Sauer" on the listing humorous, compared to the assembled (made) in China on the sight itself, where 90% of owners will never see it.

SIG has a secondary office in China. So, it is made by SIG Sauer. Oh, how clever of SIG.
You mean SIG Sour?

Razz

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Still liking these?

Just grabbed 2 at $119 each and free shipping.

They are tiny little things! The glass had a slight blue tint on the one I saw.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I traded my Romeo 4m for an Aimpoint Pro for my AR. I still really like the Romeo 5 for my MPX, although I do think I want to try another mount like Grumpy suggested to me in another thread as well.

I haven't had any issues with the Romeo5.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post