SIGforum
SIG Romeo 5

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/5760080024

September 28, 2018, 01:44 PM
Pale Horse
SIG Romeo 5
Well unfortunately mine will be going back. It fogged up so bad as I was shooting it that I couldn’t see the target. I cleaned it off and resumed fire and found that it wouldn’t last an entire mag without shutting itself off. I could turn it back on but a few shots later it would turn off again. I turned it on and looked through it for several minutes to make sure that it wasn’t the battery and the sight stayed on. As soon as I started shooting again it turned itself off.

I’ll call Monday and see about sending it in.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014
September 30, 2018, 04:03 PM
pedropcola
I have a Romeo5X and just picked up a 5 for the 119 PSA deal. Only difference is the 5X uses a normal battery mounted underneath and it has the neat 65 MOA gunsight reticle and dot.

At the cheap prices I bought both for I don't baby them but I certainly haven't torture tested them either. They are easily equal to my Aimpoints in clear glass, dot quality, etc. I can't imagine they would take the beating that the Aimpoint would but that is merely conjecture on my part. If I was doing anything for real and had the time I would probably swap the Aimpoint onto my rifle. That being said though, I actually prefer the 5X for the ability to easily swap between dot and dot and circle reticle. I really like that version. I also think using AAA battery instead of a coin battery is a plus. You are forced to use their mount but that is the height mount I use anyway so I don't lose anything.
October 01, 2018, 08:16 AM
sns3guppy
I have a couple of them. I haven't had much time to do a lot with them, but when I make it home I'll spend some time with the MPX and see how they do. They're not aimpoints, and I don't expect that they'll hold up like one. Generally one gets what one pays for, and a quarter the price on the sig may be a quarter the value. Time will tell.
October 10, 2019, 12:37 PM
michaelc
I've had my Romeo 5 for about a year now and I've found that it's a really high quality sight for the money. I also love that it turns on when it senses motion. If you want to learn more about it, I found this article pretty helpful https://reddotshooters.com/sig-romeo-5-vs-holosun/ Smile
October 10, 2019, 05:07 PM
Expert308
I've had one on my carbine for a few months now. It's been working great. I switch between it and a scope frequently and it always returns to zero. The dot is nice and clear. I haven't tried leaving it turned on to test out the self-turn-off feature yet, though. Batter life won't match the Aimpoint, but for the price it's a great option.
November 03, 2019, 08:45 AM
Mettlepig
24hr sale, $99.99
https://www.primaryarms.com/si...x20mm-2-moa-ar-mount
November 03, 2019, 09:20 PM
BucFan
I purchased one at my LGS for $99 earlier this year and put it on an 8" 300blk pistol. Works great so far and I like the motion activation.

Excellent optic for the price.

Sig P229R 9mm - Sig P365 NRA
Sig P320C 9mm - Sig P320 FS .40
November 04, 2019, 01:17 PM
GrumpyBiker
Early Christmas shopping prices right there !!

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

November 04, 2019, 01:21 PM
Ryanp225
I bought 3 of the Rome 5's back when PSA was selling that and the Magpul BUS set for $150. So far all 3 have worked 100% and have held zero despite my banging them into shit.
November 04, 2019, 05:22 PM
gruntjim
Mine is mounted on my Saint.

It's held zero much better than my long-ago issued Aimpoint CompM3.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
November 04, 2019, 07:31 PM
old rugged cross
wow, the odd's of getting a good and a bad one to one guy has to be a bizillion to one Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"
November 07, 2019, 11:03 AM
ruger357
Got one from primary arms. Only has absolute co witness mount. What is a good 1/3 witness mount?

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
November 07, 2019, 07:42 PM
GrumpyBiker
Any Aimpoint T1/H1 Mount will work.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "