SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    SIG Romeo 5
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG Romeo 5 Login/Join 
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Well unfortunately mine will be going back. It fogged up so bad as I was shooting it that I couldn’t see the target. I cleaned it off and resumed fire and found that it wouldn’t last an entire mag without shutting itself off. I could turn it back on but a few shots later it would turn off again. I turned it on and looked through it for several minutes to make sure that it wasn’t the battery and the sight stayed on. As soon as I started shooting again it turned itself off.

I’ll call Monday and see about sending it in.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Romeo5X and just picked up a 5 for the 119 PSA deal. Only difference is the 5X uses a normal battery mounted underneath and it has the neat 65 MOA gunsight reticle and dot.

At the cheap prices I bought both for I don't baby them but I certainly haven't torture tested them either. They are easily equal to my Aimpoints in clear glass, dot quality, etc. I can't imagine they would take the beating that the Aimpoint would but that is merely conjecture on my part. If I was doing anything for real and had the time I would probably swap the Aimpoint onto my rifle. That being said though, I actually prefer the 5X for the ability to easily swap between dot and dot and circle reticle. I really like that version. I also think using AAA battery instead of a coin battery is a plus. You are forced to use their mount but that is the height mount I use anyway so I don't lose anything.

Posts: 7346 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of them. I haven't had much time to do a lot with them, but when I make it home I'll spend some time with the MPX and see how they do. They're not aimpoints, and I don't expect that they'll hold up like one. Generally one gets what one pays for, and a quarter the price on the sig may be a quarter the value. Time will tell.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had my Romeo 5 for about a year now and I've found that it's a really high quality sight for the money. I also love that it turns on when it senses motion. If you want to learn more about it, I found this article pretty helpful https://reddotshooters.com/sig-romeo-5-vs-holosun/ Smile

Posts: 1 | Registered: October 09, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I've had one on my carbine for a few months now. It's been working great. I switch between it and a scope frequently and it always returns to zero. The dot is nice and clear. I haven't tried leaving it turned on to test out the self-turn-off feature yet, though. Batter life won't match the Aimpoint, but for the price it's a great option.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Questions = Harassment
posted Hide Post

Posts: 370 | Location: VA | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of BucFan
posted Hide Post
I purchased one at my LGS for $99 earlier this year and put it on an 8" 300blk pistol. Works great so far and I like the motion activation.

Excellent optic for the price.

Sig P229R 9mm - Sig P365 NRA
Sig P320C 9mm - Sig P320 FS .40

Posts: 1045 | Location: FL | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Early Christmas shopping prices right there !!

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I bought 3 of the Rome 5's back when PSA was selling that and the Magpul BUS set for $150. So far all 3 have worked 100% and have held zero despite my banging them into shit.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Writer by profession,
smartass by the
grace of God.

posted Hide Post
Mine is mounted on my Saint.

It's held zero much better than my long-ago issued Aimpoint CompM3.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posts: 616 | Location: Beaverton, OR | Registered: April 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
wow, the odd's of getting a good and a bad one to one guy has to be a bizillion to one Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Got one from primary arms. Only has absolute co witness mount. What is a good 1/3 witness mount?

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Any Aimpoint T1/H1 Mount will work.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post