SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    SIG Romeo 5
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG Romeo 5 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
I just checked GovX. They have Romeo4A for 249.95. Might be worth the bump?

Take a ride to Woodbridge and visit Quantico Tactical. I believe they are a Sig Elite dealer and have LEO/Mil prices if you qualify. I ordered a Romeo 4M from them and waiting for it to arrive.

Dum Spiro Pugno

Posts: 87 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just bought a Romeo five from my local stealer. $150 Ill mount it and try it next weekend.

Posts: 368 | Location: people republic of Crapachusettes | Registered: September 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
A bit off topic, but I worked with three Romeo04 sights today, and I was very impressed with the windage and elevation adjustments. The clicks were audible and very distinct. The adjustments seemed very accurate and repeatable as well. I was also surprised to learn that the Romeo04 reticle can be switched between a plain dot and the circle/dot like an EOTech. I’ll be curious to see how the sights hold up, but at first blush I would definitely give one a second look.

After quickly and easily zeroing three rifles with the SIG sights, we checked the zero of an officer’s EOTech. We discovered that its settings had migrated 2 inches down and 2 inches right at 50 yards since the last time it had been checked. After chasing the zero all over the target we finally got it set (close enough), but I was again reminded of why I hate trying to zero EOTech sights.

“The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.”
—With credit to Mark Twain, even if he didn’t say exactly that.

Posts: 36763 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strider41:
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
I just checked GovX. They have Romeo4A for 249.95. Might be worth the bump?

Take a ride to Woodbridge and visit Quantico Tactical. I believe they are a Sig Elite dealer and have LEO/Mil prices if you qualify. I ordered a Romeo 4M from them and waiting for it to arrive.

Just a vet now. Most .mil discounts went way when I earned my DD-214. But coming November I can shop online at the Navy exchange website. So I got that going for me.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 24305 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dead_Eye
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
...we checked the zero of an officer’s EOTech. We discovered that its settings had migrated 2 inches down and 2 inches right at 50 yards since the last time it had been checked. After chasing the zero all over the target we finally got it set (close enough), but I was again reminded of why I hate trying to zero EOTech sights.

EOTechs in your department are allowed to be used in the field? I don't know anyone after the announcement who would give it their blessing.

Beware the man who has one gun because he probably knows how to use it.

Posts: 214 | Registered: May 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dead_Eye:
EOTechs in your department are allowed to be used in the field? I don't know anyone after the announcement who would give it their blessing.

Not my department, one I was assisting.
But now that you ask the question, I may prompt the officer to be more diligent about checking the zero and to take advantage of the refund program if it moves again.

Posts: 36763 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Dang I missed this price.

Turner’s Outdoorsman, in Southern California, has the Romeo 5 in their spring catalogue for $169.98.

https://www.turners.com/info/4ucrepev-35#.WMoT3411qM8

I guess I will keep trying Primary Arms.
Thanks for the info.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3101 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
deguns.net has the ROMEO4A for $169.99.

Can anyone recommend a QD mount?

"A mugger, even an armed one, can only make a successful living in a society where the state has granted him a force monopoly."

"When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone."

- Both by Maj. L. Caudill USMC (Ret.)

Posts: 5229 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Amazon Prime has the Romeo 5 for $153.95

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8045
III

"He's a Mean Motor Scooter & a Bad Go Getter !"

Posts: 5367 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:

Link? I see it for $169.99
https://www.amazon.com/Sig-Sau...8-1&keywords=romeo+5

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12406 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
deguns.net has the ROMEO4A for $169.99.

Can anyone recommend a QD mount?

Posted earlier in this thread
http://sigforum.com/eve/forums...200042024#5200042024

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12406 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
Picture of rscalzo
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was also surprised to learn that the Romeo04 reticle can be switched between a plain dot and the circle/dot like an EOTech

Not on the 4A version.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 4273 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:

Link? I see it for $169.99
https://www.amazon.com/Sig-Sau...8-1&keywords=romeo+5

A friend of mine sent me this saying he just ordered it after seeing mine.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8045
III

"He's a Mean Motor Scooter & a Bad Go Getter !"

Posts: 5367 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.sportsmansoutdoors...&utm_campaign=040617

Best price I have seen. $139 for romeo5.

Posts: 36 | Registered: June 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
quote:
I was also surprised to learn that the Romeo04 reticle can be switched between a plain dot and the circle/dot like an EOTech

Not on the 4A version.

I missed that earlier; thanks.

posted Hide Post
My Romeo5 should be here Friday, can't wait to check it out.

Shooter are you ready!.....................Standby!.......

Posts: 29 | Registered: June 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I still find the "Made by Sig Sauer" on the listing humorous, compared to the assembled (made) in China on the sight itself, where 90% of owners will never see it.

SIG has a secondary office in China. So, it is made by SIG Sauer. Oh, how clever of SIG.

Posts: 12602 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I still find the "Made by Sig Sauer" on the listing humorous, compared to the assembled (made) in China on the sight itself, where 90% of owners will never see it.

SIG has a secondary office in China. So, it is made by SIG Sauer. Oh, how clever of SIG.
You mean SIG Sour?

Razz

read what you want
watch what you want
play what you want
think what you want
say what you want

Posts: 35114 | Location: Around | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post