SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Brownells Retro Rifles!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brownells Retro Rifles! Login/Join 
posted
Brownells is coming out with a whole series of Retro AR Rifles:

https://www.brownells.com/.asp...F0QVFOam5iXC9rIn0%3D

Pretty Darn Cool! I remember a thread earlier with one of members that had just built one that everybody thought was really nice. Now Brownells is following that trend. AWESOME

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
The lighter AR10 gives me the tingles.

Posts: 9963 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Who machines Brownell's lowers. Is that done in-house?

Posts: 107588 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
They are going to sell some hotcakes.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Reading some of the details of the particular rifles says that the 308's are fully machined by FM Products and on the 223's I looked at said their receivers were made by Aero Precision......

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
I hope that these are not a limited edition and stay in their line up for a few years, I'd love to have one of each!

Brownells is a fantastic company.

By the way, there is a give away sweepstakes for these going on each day from the 23-26th!

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Looks like Nodak Spud forgings with Aero doing the machining on the lowers on the .556 rifles.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh God! This is going to make me poor! I'm almost done with my XM177 clone and part ways done with my XM16E1 transitional clone....I was thinking about building a model 601, now I might have to just buy it and forget about looking for parts.

Would love to have the AR 10A, the granddaddy of the AR 15.

What would be cool, is a reproduction of the AR 18/180. The the family would be complete.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I'm digging on that XM177!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjkroll32:
I hope that these are not a limited edition and stay in their line up for a few years, I'd love to have one of each!

By the way, there is a give away sweepstakes for these going on each day from the 23-26th!

Where can I get into said sweepstakes? I don't see anything for such......

ARman

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
My heart didn’t actually skip a beat when I saw the Brownells announcement, but it did do a little flutter. I have a picture of myself in Viet Nam holding my rifle and what I believe was the model the Brownells’ XBRN16E1 is based on. This is going to be a very tough temptation to resist.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
$1299 on the AR15's and $1699 on a brown AR10. Nice pricepoints for sure.

That said, teh furniture is very plasticky, nowhere near the originals if you get any closer than 25ft. Still....very happy they're offering these. I might finally get an AR10 after himming and hawing for many years.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:
quote:

ARman

https://www.brownells.com/.asp...tPage/shot-show-2018

3/4 down the page

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Retro rifles really aren't my style for ARs, however I see the appeal to other shooters. I suspect Brownells will sell every one they make. And there will a waiting line to buy them.

So what the heck, I entered giveaway.

Posts: 7873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:
quote:

ARman

https://www.brownells.com/.asp...tPage/shot-show-2018

3/4 down the page

Thanks! I entered, I hope to win the model 601 or XM16E1, that would be awesome!

ARman

posted Hide Post
Damn I want one of those brown stocked 308's bad!!!! I hope they still have them this summer. I might be able to afford one then.

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
That M16E1... I want that.

My brother built up a number of retro AR's over the years and I nearly bought a very nice, very faithful Colt 604 copy off him about a year ago, everything that could have been Colt or USGI about it was. I still kick myself for letting that one walk.

Posts: 17127 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
Sweet! Nice to see them offer a couple models that aren't easily obtainable, or able to find parts to build. I wish they would offer a XM607 then I could stop hunting for a stock (unobtanium) and just buy a replica.

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Must resist, must resist, must resis.... Mmmmm, M16A1.... I mean; MP5, MP5, MP.... Mmmmm, M16A1....

Yeah. I want one. I’ve been debating on buying their parts and putting one together for the past few months but I couldn’t make up my mind between the XM177 and the M16A1. Seeing them now I think it’ll need to be the 20". But the 9mm SBR will be first.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post