SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Update. Pics are up!: Grail gun I didn't even know existed: the Hebrew War Hammer
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Update. Pics are up!: Grail gun I didn't even know existed: the Hebrew War Hammer Login/Join 
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I didn't intend to create a FAL collection but have preban FMAP Rosario (Argy) on the way as well. I traded for it and the SAR48 Match was also a trade.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
New question for those of you with DSA experience:

Cast FAL receiver or forged? They offer both with the correct IDF crest and Hebrew markings.
Forged is $574 and out of stock, possibly for a couple more months. Cast is $414 and available now.

What would you do? Build or wait?

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
forged is always better but not sure what is "correct"

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I think FN went to cast in 1973 so it's possible that both are correct? Not sure when Israel got their last shipment of rifles.
I plan on shooting it and 60,000 round service life vs 80,000 service life will hopefully not affect me Smile

I just want the markings to look right. The website photos look good but that's not from this run so...

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Everyone says forged receivers are stronger, but has anyone worn out a cast one? I doubt it.

Forged receivers do hold their value better when selling.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10490 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I am waffling. I don't really care about resale value. I try to not sell rifles. I know that I won't wear a cast receiver out yet theoretical maximum durability is theoretically attractive, when you're choosing parts for a build.
It really comes down to whether I want to wait and then spend the extra $160.

Either way, it will be awesome.

Bruce

-Niccolo Machiavelli

posted Hide Post
I don't know where this falls in comparison to building it yourself, but I'll leave this for your consideration... DSA FAL

In stock as of this posting.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
That's the one, right there.

If I hadn't already found a nice parts kit, I would consider it. The one I found had better wood than I would have expected, too. Nice grain and just enough character to let you know it's seen some action.

I will be happy with it, when it's complete.

Bruce

-Niccolo Machiavelli

posted Hide Post
My buddy has an FN FAL that he bought in the 80s it’s a great rifle. I sold my soul to the M1a as that is what I could get and get mags for during stints of legality here in CA. If I lived I a free state I’d be all over a FAL.

There was an IDF M1A on GB the other day.

Posts: 4763 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Bumping this thread because DSA told me on 10/22 that it was finished and shipping out. Then nothing! Why would they do that?
Are they trying to kill me?

Bruce

-Niccolo Machiavelli

You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Have you called em? Tell em to hurry up because I want pics. Big Grin

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6966 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
Awesome grab, I remember years ago me and a friend were at a gunshow and a DSA made Hebrew Hammer was being sold

He snatched it up right away and still has it, great gun.

I have had 2 DSA FN FAL's built, one 21 inch barrel STG58 that I changed some options on (improved phosphate coating, extreme duty scope mount, saw grip, forged receiver without lightening cuts(I think), carry handle, can't remember everything)

The 2nd DSA FN FAL was a custom SA58 with a 14.5 barrel with pinned flash hider to 16 inch that had quad rails, extreme duty mount, paratrooper stock, SAW grip

My friend who had bought the DSA Hebrew Hammer ended up buying the one off me.

DSA makes good FN FALS for sure.

Posts: 1471 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slippery Pete:
Have you called em? Tell em to hurry up because I want pics. Big Grin

I emailed them. Response was a vague "should be processing in tbe next several days..."

Harumph.

Bruce

-Niccolo Machiavelli

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
PGT- That is gorgeous. I am just gobsmacked at how hot that is!

Rogue- I picked up a really nice IDF FN Mauser, last year Smile The sling was harder to find but that came, a couple of months ago.

Bruce

Sorry for the off topic post but anyway: If you decide to shoot that beautiful Mauser with the sling mounted BE SURE TO LOOSEN IT! This dumbass nearly knocked out a front tooth firing a 98 with the sling tight. The back buckle smacked be right in the face and nearly knocked out my front tooth! LOL, I'm SURE I'm the ONLY person that this has ever happened to, Or not! ;-D

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
https://www.flickr.com/photos/...36@N03/shares/1ux3T4
She came in a week ago but DSA didn't put my information in the box so the FFL had no idea it was for me. Oh well, it's home!

Here goes nothing. Pics up!

Bruce

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RNshooter,

-Niccolo Machiavelli

You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Let me know if the pics aren't showing when you follow the link and I will see what I did wrong.Smile

Bruce

-Niccolo Machiavelli

You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
That looks really good. Those markings are super cool. Congrats

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6966 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Mazel Tov!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post