SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Update. Pics are up!: Grail gun I didn't even know existed: the Hebrew War Hammer
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Update. Pics are up!: Grail gun I didn't even know existed: the Hebrew War Hammer Login/Join 
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted
https://dsarms.com/p-17099-dsa...brew-war-hammer.aspx

So, PSA has Israeli FAL kits in stock. I saw that and thought "Cool, but finding a receiver and a barrel and a builder, meh". Then I came across the DSA site where they have, in the past, built and sold these rifles as almost 100% correct restorations. Instant Grail gun.

DSA hasn't built any since their supply of parts kits dried up and they ran out of recievers but it never hurts to ask, right?
So, I emailed them. They replied, "Sure, we should have recievers again, in a few months. Sure, we can build one for you, if you send us the parts kit..."

Crap. Now I have to have one.

Quick, someone tell me "DSA is a sh*t operation that will turn out a crap rifle, if they ever even finish it and don't just keep your money."

Anybody? Little help? Wink

Bruce

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RNshooter,

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I've never heard of them doing builds for people, but there's a lot of things I've never heard of.

DSA used to build some of the finest US made FAL's I've ever held, always wanted one but never got around to it. Their FAL's are what Arsenal is to the AK.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, your screwed. DSA is good to go.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please tell me it’s completely unaffordable to get a receiver and have them build one.

Posts: 716 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
The receiver is about $500. Barrel $125. Build with refinish $450.
Just add a parts kit and you are done :-)

Custom, for about the same price as they charge for complete rifles. A bargain.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
I have one of their complete Hammemr builds and it's excellent.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3600 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty fond of DSA. Their new store is pretty sweet too. Their customer service has hooked me up multiple times over the years. Very nice guys, and very accessible.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6969 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of USP45T
posted Hide Post
Nice looking gun. My grail gun is a heavy barrel version. Someday.

P220ST P226/9 556 X5L1/9

Posts: 381 | Location: Michigan | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:

Anybody? Little help? Wink

Bruce

They're really laying the FOMO on thick for an antique noise maker.
There, I helped.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bruce, how do you say "you're screwed" in Yiddish?

DSArms is a good company putting out an excellent product. They are in the northern suburbs of Chicago, and a lot of CPD guys use their weapons. I know you can get a custom build AR from their shop, and I haven't heard anyone complain about what they got, and DSArms stands behind their weapons. I know 3 guys that have their FAL's, and they love them!

(Enjoy your new gun!)

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8345 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you'd like the best FAL builder in the business, Arizona Response Systems is great. I have several of their builds and couldn't be happier.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to run a DSArms upper on my AR. In comparison, I have run Rock River, Bushmaster (back in the day), and Adams (still running it).

It ran as well as any of them.

A buddy of mine also had a DSArms FAL - that gun ran 100%!

-shooter

Posts: 342 | Location: VA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
I have one of their complete Hammemr builds and it's excellent.

That's it! That absolutely tears it! Screw you guys!

I ordered the parts kit from PSA and signed up for notification on the receiver!

(Throws credit card and stomps away from keyboard)

Bruce

-Niccolo Machiavelli

Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
You’ll enjoy it. Just don’t expect 1 inch groups. FALs are 2 - 3 moa rifles at best. But they are fun and fairly soft shooting for a .308. I’ve had a DSA built 18 inch para model for almost ten years, and it runs well.

The engraving on the newer DSA Israeli receivers is much better looking than the first batch or two. Some of the guys that got the early ones were grumbling about that.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10491 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a DSA FAL for sale in OklahomaShootersAssociation Classified right now for$1750. Lots of pics, nice gun

Posts: 449 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I had a similar one of these imports back in the mid-90's- the FALO. Mine was a converted machine gun; was very distinctive with the wooden furniture, carry handle, and flip up butt plate like the M14/M1A, integral bipod and heavy barrel. Clearly a squad support weapon. And accurate and soft shooting as you could ask for in 7.62. I traded it off for a profit but regretted it later, as is often the case.

This isn’t it, but is identical. Mine even had a 3 position selector, although auto was just another semi-spot.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
can confirm they built and sold them. I bought a "Soldier Grade" with color fill. Shown next to a Springfield import HB FAL that was done on an Imbel receiver (SAR48 Match)

next to my pre-ban FN 50.61

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Once your IDF FAL is complete, you need to start searching for an IDF K98k Mauser in 7.62 NATO to accompany it.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Grail gun I didn't even know existed: the Hebrew War Hammer

You're right- That is nice.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
PGT- That is gorgeous. I am just gobsmacked at how hot that is!

Rogue- I picked up a really nice IDF FN Mauser, last year Smile The sling was harder to find but that came, a couple of months ago.
I build this one and then I guess I go: Uzi, Galil, and then Tavor?

Bruce

-Niccolo Machiavelli