SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    M400 upper sale
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M400 upper sale Login/Join 
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I have one on the way.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank goodness they are finally out of stock. I was debating getting one but I don't need it. Thank you guys for saving my wallet.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wonder if the code can be passed on to someone else?

yes.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
I thought the barrels are 1/7, cold hammer forged.

quote:
Originally posted by David W:
I wish they gave more details about the bbl, I've been looking for a midrange priced 16" upper, I might bite on this Wink

I kicked myself before Christmas DSG had 16" bbl upper with BCM KMR 15" rail for 350ish and I pondered too long.

I can’t imagine they’re cold hammer forged. Sig is a marketing company first and a gun company second. If they were CHF’d barrels, I just can’t see the marketing machine passing up an opportunity to call it an “Emperor Tactical SWAT Greak White Shark Operator Cold Hammer Forged Nuclear Zombie Killer Thunderbolt Barrel.”

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David W:
Haha, so are they CHF or nitride bbl !
If CHF sign me up for that price.

Out of stock, I guess I will wait!

My take is that anyone (MFG) that puts a cold hammer forged barrel on an AR model brags about it in marketing. I see no such boasting about a CHF barrel on the M400 Elite. So I can't see it being CHF barrel.

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received it today, very impressed. The whole setup is lightweight.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 10round,

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Supposed to get mine tomorrow. I'm pumped. I wanted to get a M400 but never did. With this upper I can use the lower I want which is a Aero M4E1.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I received my M400 Elite upper today. I was surprised that it was so light. The barrel is not fluted (I thought I remembered someone saying it was fluted) and while the hand guard is decent looking, tight, functional, and a little fancy, it is a UTG rail. UTG on a Sig.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:
and while the hand guard is decent looking, tight, functional, and a little fancy, it is a UTG rail. UTG on a Sig.

Ah, that's it in a nut shell. Frown

For the price I'm not surprised, however.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Confirmed on mine also, UTG rail. Barrel is not fluted. Still like it but how did a UTG rail end up on it. I live near the pro shop and I don't remember seeing UTG on any guns or UTG rails for sale on the shelf.

DPR

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10round:
... Still like it but how did a UTG rail end up on it. I live near the pro shop and I don't remember seeing UTG on any guns or UTG rails for sale on the shelf.

My guess - and this is pure speculation - is they had bunch of extra parts on-hand and wanted to move them out. So they bought a mess of low-cost components (UTG) to complete the assemblies to offer them for sale as complete Uppers.

Probably decent for what you paid - not like they were pricey.

(aside from the fact hey have them listed as List Price $650 Eek)

---------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
quote:
Originally posted by 10round:
... Still like it but how did a UTG rail end up on it. I live near the pro shop and I don't remember seeing UTG on any guns or UTG rails for sale on the shelf.

My guess - and this is pure speculation - is they had bunch of extra parts on-hand and wanted to move them out. So they bought a mess of low-cost components (UTG) to complete the assemblies to offer them for sale as complete Uppers.

Probably decent for what you paid - not like they were pricey.

(aside from the fact hey have them listed as List Price $650 Eek)

Great price and the forearm appears solid and it'a M-lok. The real test will be the groups we get out of the barrel!
---------------------------------------

DPR

posted Hide Post
Looking at photos of M400 "Elites", they appear to have UTG MLOK rails as well.

Seems appropriate...

Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Gross

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got one sitting in front of me, having been happy with my original M400. I think ~$250 is an appropriate price, those who got further discounts got a good deal.

- The upper is different, has Sig engraving on it and a square forging mark. My old upper is a cerro (keyhole). It does not appear to have the same surface treatment on the inside that the older upper had, for whatever that is worth. This probably explains why CDNN had all those old original M400 Sig uppers.

- The rail is a UTG pro, which is made in the USA. I'm not fond of the brand but can't really complain about this rail on its actual merits. The machining is good with lots of fillets instead of sharp edges, coating is uniform, fit is perfect, and it's bolted and not just clamped. Stiffness is also good. UTG is making some headway under the pro line, so I think this is fine. Lots of people are happy with Midwest rails and I think this is functionally equivalent, if not arguably better. Just that pesky logo...

- Gas block is a low profile Sig part. Single pinned and one of the smallest I've ever seen.

- Barrel is not chrome lined, and doesn't have any markings that I can see. This is actually what I am most irritated about as M400's have always had chrome lined HF barrels. Most of the elite reviews are still saying this as well. It realize it may well be more accurate, but I bought this for a binary trigger setup. Will be a negative for most, might be better if you just want accuracy.

Overall I'm satisfied, and folks that ended up under $200 should be happy. Definitely not worth regular price though.

Posts: 221 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
I live near the pro shop and I don't remember seeing UTG on any guns or UTG rails for sale on the shelf.

That's what is on the sample units in the shop.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
UTG is the furniture equivalent of ProMag IMO.

Not surprised that SIG of today puts them on their 'premier Elite' rifles, however.

This just solidifies my belief that recommending Colt, BCM, DD, LMT, KAC and a handful of other rifles as serious use AR15s is correct.

Sure, most people don't need that level of performance, but lots of people want it and pay for it.

I guess with SIG you just pay for it without getting it.

UTG. Shameless.

posted Hide Post
quote:

UTG. Shameless.

UTG Pro is their attempt to make decent products. It's made in the USA, and is not a bad rail.

They've got a big mountain to climb to get over their own stigma. Just like the damage Sig did to themselves with their first line of NC Star crap optics.

But, I also get that there are those out there that just want nothing to do with anything UTG printed on their rifle. They should have made UTG leave their markings off it.

Posts: 221 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Is the plastic by Itac, or have they moved to Tapco?

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slare:
quote:

UTG. Shameless.

UTG Pro is their attempt to make decent products. It's made in the USA, and is not a bad rail.

They've got a big mountain to climb to get over their own stigma. Just like the damage Sig did to themselves with their first line of NC Star crap optics.

But, I also get that there are those out there that just want nothing to do with anything UTG printed on their rifle. They should have made UTG leave their markings off it.

Yeah, neither SIG Optics, UTG, or Tapco has climbed out of any Grand Canyon sized holes they dug for themselves.