SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    TAVOR X95 9mm carbine
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TAVOR X95 9mm carbine Login/Join 
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted
I've been looking around for a 9mm carbine and came upon the Tavor X95 9mm carbine.
It seems to get good reviews, anybody have actual experience with it?

I was pretty much sold on the CZ Scorpion until I saw the Tavor.

Posts: 4622 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Manticore Arms & CZ are releasing a bullpup chassis for the Scorpion. First reviews are pretty high.

You can probably have best of both worlds for less money.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com...15/bullpup-scorpion/

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
Manticore https://www.thefirearmblog.com...15/bullpup-scorpion/ Arms & CZ are releasing a bullpup chassis for the Scorpion. First reviews are pretty high.

You can probably have best of both worlds for less money.

If these become readily available, I can easily see myself spending the money. A 9mm bullpup would be the perfect CQ home defense tool.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15559 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
From what I understand Manticore actually partnered with CZ on this. Bull pup kit MSRP is supposed to be around $400. So it should retail a bit under that. If I remember right at some point CZ may start offering this as a off the shelf option.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My father has an x95 in 300bo with sig romeo on it. You can get a 556, 300bo,or 9mm conversion for it.

It was pleasant to shoot and very easy to sight in. It got me thinking of buying one in 300bo.

As compared to the scorpion, well the caliber exchange would be a plus for me.

I think the build quality is on par, i belive maintenance is easier with a scorpion.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got one. Or at least a converted one. I love all things 9mm carbine. Normally I'm a big bullpup fan, I really like my FN's but the tavor is hohum. The fact that you can get conversion kits is a huge plus. The design challenge to make that possible is a huge minus. Its a really complicated bugger for what it is. There are so many good uncomplicated 9mm carbines I can't recommend it. Think Beretta or CZ or if you love convertibility AR for a much better experience.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
From what I understand Manticore actually partnered with CZ on this. Bull pup kit MSRP is supposed to be around $400. So it should retail a bit under that. If I remember right at some point CZ may start offering this as a off the shelf option.

I think this is going to be a "must have" ... Along with the Scorpion EVO Franklin Armory Binary Trigger

It took some trial & error to get my AR Binary Trigger just right, to where I haven't been able to "out run it" but the one for my MP5's just dropped in and worked perfectly.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For reasons I simply cannot explain I feel the need to say there is not a single valid reason for a binary trigger. OK you can like it. But it is not a must have.

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
For reasons I simply cannot explain I feel the need to say there is not a single valid reason for a binary trigger. OK you can like it. But it is not a must have.

hrcjon, I respect your views and opinions, and I'll agree for some people it's not a "must have" for some it's no more necessary than anything full auto. Some of us, maybe even most of us have something we crave, it eats at us until we have it ...
Personally, I have no "need" for anything Full Auto but I enjoy them all; Binary triggers are the next best thing, and they are affordable. My "must haves" come last after God, Family, Country but that doesn't make them any less "must have" in my book.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Well after some thought I ordered a CZ Scorpion in desert tan with a faux suppressor.
I can always order the bull pup conversion if I see they are worthy.

Posts: 4622 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been really impressed with the CZ. You will enjoy it.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:

Pardon my ignorance but what is a binary trigger? I assume it's a device that gives the impression of full auto similar to the bump stock? thanks

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
A binary trigger fires on trigger pull and trigger release.

Not full auto.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
The Scorpion came today, nice carbine, BUT the trigger is HORRIBLE, MUST find a cure for this!

A man of few words
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
The Scorpion came today, nice carbine, BUT the trigger is HORRIBLE, MUST find a cure for this!

This helps a lot. I also changed the trigger shoe on mine as I couldn't stand the serrations on the factory trigger.

https://hbindustries.net/store...-trigger-spring-kit/

Posts: 1010 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I got on that last night.
Ordered the spring kit, new trigger bolt and pins, and new trigger with the improved angle.
I will polish everything when it comes.
I can't believe how bad the stock trigger is, I bought my Son a Hi Point 9mm carbine, the trigger on that is way better than the CZ, at 1/3rd the price.

I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I changed the trigger spring and shoe and it reduced the trigger pull by 1/2.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I changed out the springs and added the higher leverage trigger, HUGE improvement.

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Regarding the Scorpion: well it'll be interesting to see what the trigger will be like after the workings get fed into that Manticore bullpup chassis. I've yet to experience any bullpup (modded or factory) that has a trigger that's better than 'satisfactorily meh'.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bryanZ06:
quote:
Originally posted by armored:

This helps a lot. I also changed the trigger shoe on mine as I couldn't stand the serrations on the factory trigger.

https://hbindustries.net/store...-trigger-spring-kit/

^^^^^^^^
I put an HBI spring system in my SBR Scorpion and it made a nice difference. CZ Custom also has some nice options as well.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post