SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    74 Sharps
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

74 Sharps Login/Join 
posted
Got my birthday present a couple days early... a Sharps in 45-70. Found one that had decent wood and already had the tang sight mounted.

I’ve been looking for one a while now, and this one hit all the check boxes. It’s a Pedersoli, marked on the barrel flat Dixie Gun Works. So, I figure, between that marking and the fact that I can refer to it as a “buffalo gun”, it’s really a two for one snowflake triggering piece, despite being “just an old fashioned single shot”. Can not wait to get to the range!

Bill R

Posts: 1121 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Nice outfit. You'll really enjoy it. Run some 500 grainers through it and just sit back and giggle. Big Grin

Here's my Shiloh.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Beautiful rifles

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Very nice!! Congratulations!!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of samnev
posted Hide Post
I had both the Shilo 1874 Sharps and a Pedersoli 1874 Sharps which was less than 1/2 the price of the Shilo Sharps. While the Shiloh was a bit better n=made and shot 385 and 500 grainers a bit better than the Pedersoli I eventually sold the Shiloh Sharps.

Posts: 1836 | Location: Arizona | Registered: June 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
Beautiful rifles

Yeah they are.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got one for a song not long ago. Its one of the nicest looking rifles I own and I have some cool stuff. You're reminding me I need to get to loading for it.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post