SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Trijicon MRO
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Trijicon MRO Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of sig 226
posted
For red dots I usually defer to Aimpoint Pro, however, I suffer from slight astigmatism.

Does anyone have any experience with a green dot to help compensate for this? From what I read it helps, but looking for some feedback before I purchase one.


------------------------------------------------


9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus
 
Posts: 2308 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
Keep us updated. Ill have to grab one if it works!
 
Posts: 6959 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
If you can hold off a little bit Primary Arms is making a 1x prism, if you don't mind Chinese made.



David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles
 
Posts: 3513 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I have an astigmatism and use MRO Green optics on my SBR'd AR9 along with other long guns. I like it a lot. I keep the brightness turned down to Setting #3 or 4 and it seems to reduce flare to a minimum.





"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."
 
Posts: 9445 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig 226:
For red dots I usually defer to Aimpoint Pro, however, I suffer from slight astigmatism.

Does anyone have any experience with a green dot to help compensate for this? From what I read it helps, but looking for some feedback before I purchase one.


I have same issue and have stuck with Eotech's since they are easier to pick up for me. I had the same issues with green dots.


NRA Life Member

Owner
Sig 238, 230, 228, 229, 220, 2022,365, MPX, P6
 
Posts: 811 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
I’m an Aimpoint guy.. but I looked at there new MRO at SHOT and I would buy it in a second. You can switch between the Aimpoint dot and the Eotech circle with a turn of the knob. Really nicely done. If I was in the market for another, I would pick it up.
 
Posts: 884 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Non etched dots: the color green is better than red for astigmatism ???
More info please ?


_____________________
“Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.”
--- Ronald Reagan
 
Posts: 12157 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Red, green...sadly it's about the same to me and my astigmatism. I've more or less learned where to hold within "the blob" of light that's supposed to represent 2MOA (or whatever spec a particular illuminated dot sight is supposed to be), but I find lowering the intensity to as low as I can still use greatly helps.


-MG
 
Posts: 682 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
The Vortex Spitfire is a 1x prism that has green and red. I can't shoot a red dot with my astigmatism and it works for me.
 
Posts: 950 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of sig 226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
I have an astigmatism and use MRO Green optics on my SBR'd AR9 along with other long guns. I like it a lot. I keep the brightness turned down to Setting #3 or 4 and it seems to reduce flare to a minimum.


Thanks for the feedback here. LaRue has a deal for $460 with a choice of their mounts which is very tempting.


------------------------------------------------


9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus
 
Posts: 2308 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I have mild astigmatism and recently bought a green dot Trijicon MRO. The green color doesn't really make any difference to me. The dot is still slightly distorted but I can use it just fine. I've had the best luck with the Aimpoint PRO and the Trijicon MRO as far as these type of sights go.



十人十色
 
Posts: 1845 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of sig 226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobandmikako:
I have mild astigmatism and recently bought a green dot Trijicon MRO. The green color doesn't really make any difference to me. The dot is still slightly distorted but I can use it just fine. I've had the best luck with the Aimpoint PRO and the Trijicon MRO as far as these type of sights go.


Thanks for your feedback... if you could pick only one.. which would you go with?


------------------------------------------------


9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus
 
Posts: 2308 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
I originally bought my red dot MRO for my Z-5P


But I liked it much better for my AR pistol


Now I want to get the FDE Trijicon ‘skin’ for it like pulicords has...


________________________________________________________
Old Arizona saying: "A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion about animal rights."
 
Posts: 3233 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig 226:
quote:
Originally posted by bobandmikako:
I have mild astigmatism and recently bought a green dot Trijicon MRO. The green color doesn't really make any difference to me. The dot is still slightly distorted but I can use it just fine. I've had the best luck with the Aimpoint PRO and the Trijicon MRO as far as these type of sights go.


Thanks for your feedback... if you could pick only one.. which would you go with?


It's close but I like the MRO.



十人十色
 
Posts: 1845 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Finally got the FDE ’skin’ for the MRO

as well as a LaRue Cantilevered QD mount


________________________________________________________
Old Arizona saying: "A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion about animal rights."
 
Posts: 3233 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I have both, in red and like the MRO just a little more then the Aimpoint. bigger field of view.

I have not tried the green to see if the dot is a little more crisp with my astigmatism. But you now have my curiosity up to high. I will get a green MRO in a few weeks to see. I need another red dot anyways.


Keep Americans working, buy American made!
 
Posts: 702 | Location: western PA | Registered: April 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of sig 226
posted Hide Post
Please keep me/us posted when you get the Green/MRO. Had some bills that is taking priority otherwise I would've bought it already.

quote:
Originally posted by chessiedog1:
I have both, in red and like the MRO just a little more then the Aimpoint. bigger field of view.

I have not tried the green to see if the dot is a little more crisp with my astigmatism. But you now have my curiosity up to high. I will get a green MRO in a few weeks to see. I need another red dot anyways.


------------------------------------------------


9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus
 
Posts: 2308 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Dvor has the green dot with no mount for $400 with $10 for shipping. You have to sign up to see price. I have ordered from them before, very slow on shipping out but good to go. I don't have the money right now to buy.

If you follow the link below and sign up you can see the price and I get $10 added to my account. You also get a $10 off your first order.


https://tap.dvor.com/VgJQ


Keep Americans working, buy American made!
 
Posts: 702 | Location: western PA | Registered: April 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
If you are open to a reticle sight, the MRO HD with reticle works fine for me with my astigmatism.

I am also able to use an Aimpoint ACRO but it's small.
 
Posts: 404 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I have the same problem suffering from astigmatism. All of a sudden my ACOGs are less useful than they used to be due to lack of a way to focus for a sharp image. I also have 3-4 MRO’s which give me a bit of bloom. One way to fix this is with the magnifier which has a focus ring like LPVO’s. As others have mentioned, Primary Arms new prism red dot has the adjustment built in which should solve the problem for many of us is our astigmatism isn’t too high. I wish Trijicon would make an adapter to allow us to focus our ACOG’s.
 
Posts: 5502 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Trijicon MRO

© SIGforum 2021