SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Sub-MOA EBR M14 (SAGE/Kreiger)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sub-MOA EBR M14 (SAGE/Kreiger) Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted
I've done a few SAGE EBR chassis installs and they all shot well but this one's pretty cool. The owner says he wants one just like he carried in the Army. I recommend using a Kreiger DMR barrel with a 1:11" twist. This is the first rifle I've built with Kreiger barrel.

This is not the final configuration though. He sent a SAGE scope base but I think it's an AirSoft fake. I'm sending it to SAGE to verify its authenticity. In the meantime, I threw on my modified Bassett scope mount and my Zeiss Conquest that I normally use for testing.

These are the first (and only) two groups after doing a barrel break-in and scope zeroing. The bottom group was the first group. The first four shots were all grouped together in a nice 1/2" cluster. The fifth shot brought it out to just under 1". I have no doubts that if I shot more groups this would have produced some nice sub-1/2 MOA groups. That's a great starting point!

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quiet observer
posted Hide Post
Nice looking rifle.

Semper Fidelis

Posts: 985 | Location: Pocatello, Idaho | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I liked it so much I’m going to build another one for myself. I’ll use an XM21 receiver instead.

Tony.

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
That is awesome! a Sage EBR MK14 build is on my list

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Super!!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very Nice work.

How many hours did it take to get it to that point?

Posts: 4548 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CD228:
Very Nice work.

How many hours did it take to get it to that point?

It takes about an hour to install the action to the chassis. Standard time to install the barrel.

I just set the barrel whip screw to my standard starting point and took it to the range. That’s it.

Tony.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:

It takes about an hour to install the action to the chassis. Standard time to install the barrel.

I just set the barrel whip screw to my standard starting point and took it to the range. That’s it.

Tony.

And that's one of the reasons why you continue to get much better performance out of your rifles than I ever saw out of a service M14 EBR rigs.

your posts make it hard for me to be an M14 skeptic.

Posts: 4548 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post