SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    shotgun question
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

shotgun question Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I am happy with my FN SLP. I shot the Versamax as well. They are both good guns. The FN has some trouble cycling lighter loads. It does fine with slugs and 00 Buckshot.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
Here is my take. I owed a Benelli M4 and it was a hell of a gun, just a beast. That was the problem. It always felt heavy so I sold it and bought the 1301. It is a great gun as well and does what I need it to do.

Posts: 1359 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
For hunting I use:

Benelli Ethos-12g (Pheasants)
Beretta A400 Extreme-12g(Turkey/Waterfowl)
Benelli Legacy-20g (Doves/Rabbits)
Franchi Affinity 3 Compact-20g(I use this for everything when weight/mobility is a priority)

For tactical use:

Benelli M1 Super 90

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From the Sporting and Hunting Shotguns there are many high end semi auto. Some of the larger makers are

Browning (Maxus, Gold, and Silver)
Benelli (Supersport)
Beretta (A400 Xcel)
Winchester
Remington
Breda
JP Sauer & Sohn
Franchi

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5646 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
The Franchi Affinity is a good way to get into a quality Italian made shotgun, without the high price tag of a Benelli or Beretta.

Are the Benellis and Berettas better? Probably so. But are they twice as good? I have my doubts.

Posts: 10748 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I have a number of Benelli shotguns, I view them like I did SIG pistols. That's to NEVER buy them new.

(I say that then realize I've bought 2 new Benelli, but the more expensive one was $700)

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith
Maybe there are some $3000 Benelli shotguns out there that are "better" but for $2300 (including Holosun, sling and light), my LTT is the one light in this dark time.

Which Holosun? And how do you like it? Need a dot for my FN SLP.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Look at Taran Tactical
https://tarantacticalinnovatio...imate-3-gun-package/

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
Mossberg 930 12 ga.Semi Auto.

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifithitu:
Mossberg 930 12 ga.Semi Auto.

These are well known for their spotty reliability. Some work right out of the box, some work right after some tinkering, and some never work right.

You basically have to roll the dice and hope you get a good one.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith
Maybe there are some $3000 Benelli shotguns out there that are "better" but for $2300 (including Holosun, sling and light), my LTT is the one light in this dark time.

Which Holosun? And how do you like it? Need a dot for my FN SLP.

This Thread talks about it

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1955 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post