SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Wheeler Fat Wrench on Amazon...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wheeler Fat Wrench on Amazon... Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted
...$34.99 with free shipping with Prime...Pretty handy tool for scope mounting to stop screw ups...best price I've seen for one since the Amazon Lightning Deal of $32 last year...

https://www.amazon.com/Wheeler...+%2Caps%2C197&sr=8-2

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up! I just picked one up, and it also comes with the gun vice!

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2490 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the head's up, Bisley! I finally picked one up at a price I can live with.

quote:
Originally posted by pepsiblue:
Thanks for the heads up! I just picked one up, and it also comes with the gun vice!

The gun vice option drives the price to $114.78. The $34.99 is for the Fat Wrench only.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2540 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This should be a staple for anyone with guns. Super handy.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I love mine! Definitely worth picking one up if you don’t have one already.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Yep, another happy customer for several years now.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really gotta stop opening these threads. Each one has a new must-have that I never knew I needed. Smile

I got the wrench and the leveling kit.

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
Had to get one to go along with my Wheeler gunsmithing kit
I know better than to open these threads

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2906 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had one for several years. I'm sure it's not super precise, but it does help prevent me from getting heavy handed with my screwdrivers. I use it for all my scope mounting work.

Posts: 934 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Got one from this thread. Friend has one and loved it.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Wrench and leveling kit on the way!

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bisley you have already cost me money with your ammo can post. You are an enabler of the best kind. I am sooo weak. Wink

Posts: 1190 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saved me $20. Thank you.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
I ordered one as well. Looks like a nice tool. Given the extremely reasonable price and how big a pain in the ass accurately calibrating torque wrenches is, I was surprised to find a calibration card enclosed with already tight tolerances considerably beaten!

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
You can get better wrenches for not a lot more money. Nothing wrong with the Fat Wrench as long as you know what you're getting. I almost pulled the trigger on it before settling for something better for not much more $.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8634 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
Great little tool. I bought one several years ago from Cabela's.....my son had sent me a gift card for my birthday or Christmas.

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3436 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
41.99 now

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
Mine arrived yesterday!

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2490 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
What is great about these posts?

You find the great deal. Big Grin

What sucks about these posts?

People jumping on them and changing the pricing on Amazon. Mad

Posts: 1343 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
You can get better wrenches for not a lot more money. Nothing wrong with the Fat Wrench as long as you know what you're getting. I almost pulled the trigger on it before settling for something better for not much more $.

I used to work at a nuclear power house. They were very particular about torque wrenches. I have wondered about the Wheeler Fat Wrench. Could you point me to better wrench for not much more money? Thank you.

Posts: 617 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post