SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    MFI Sig sights
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MFI Sig sights Login/Join 
Picture of sf192nd
posted
What was wondering what's everyones opinion on the MFI Swiss style sights?. Was thinking about ordeing a set for my 556 sbr. Are the any good or just for looks as the website says.

Thanks.

Posts: 646 | Registered: October 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I have a few. They're nice but the rear drum isn't as tight or precisely made as the original. I've also heard others say its not indexed properly for marked distances but I haven't tested that personally.

Posts: 3074 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
I ended up disassembling and tightening up my MFI drum. It clicks very positively now. Not quite as tight as my 553 but I'm not worried about it moving. Most are GTG from the beginning but mine was just very loose.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3593 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
what had to be tightened up? I almost want to try swapping in the drum from my 553 to see if it works in there.

Posts: 3074 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
It's ben a while, but the actual drum was loose and the ball detent was moving around. Ended up removing the drum and tourqeing everything down/loctiting. The biggest pain was the little spring loaded ball.

Thinking about it I wonder if using a stronger spring would make the clicks more positive.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3593 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I like mine too but if I remember correctly I did have to tighten it down a bit ... You can't see it very well but it fits perfectly under my ACOG

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5705 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post