SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Vortex Venom elevation/wind age not working?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vortex Venom elevation/wind age not working? Login/Join 
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted
Got my first red dot as a throw in to a trade, Vortex Venom 3MOA dot. Everything seems to be good with it except wind age and elevation. I can't seem to adjust it with the adjustment knobs. I placed the dot on the counter, and rested my face against the count so the sight and my face/eyes didn't move. No matter how much I spin the knobs either direction, the dot seems to stay put. Operator error or contact Vortex? Will they still fix it if it is broken for the non-original owner?

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2433 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
From what I hear, yes, they will take care of you.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Ok I will give them a call. I've heard good things about their customer service so hopefully they can get it figured out. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Figured adjusting would be as simple as turning the dial or knobs.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2433 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
What Para said. They have a great reputation for customer service. They'll take care of you.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
They are good about helping customers

Mine was not holding zero, and about a year old, called them and got a postage paid return label two days later the confirmed it was defective and the new one was in my hand the next day

Here’s my post

Vortex

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
They get a LOT of practice at fixing and warrantying their optics. They will take care of you. They have excellent customer service, and they warranty a lot of their products. I finally realized one day that everyone I knew (small circle of half a dozen people) with vortex products had used their warranty for one or more of their optics. I gave all my vortex products away after that. My dad still uses them. They're perfect for his application.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AKSuperDually:
They get a LOT of practice at fixing and warrantying their optics. They will take care of you. They have excellent customer service, and they warranty a lot of their products. I finally realized one day that everyone I knew (small circle of half a dozen people) with vortex products had used their warranty for one or more of their optics. I gave all my vortex products away after that. My dad still uses them. They're perfect for his application.

Haha ya I guess it's not the best thing that I have seen quite a few people talk about their CS. I'm trying to use this on a Ruger PCC, so I figure the recoil shouldn't be bad enough to mess up the sight.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah they'll fix or replace it, no issues.

They replaced a PST 1-6x of mine with faulty illumination (flickering dot).

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OMCHamlin:
Yes, Vortex will take care of you, if it says Vortex on the side (and it's not a counterfeit), that's all they need to know.
Let me ask you a question; as to how you tested it, did you have the red dot scope in an immovable spot, like maybe a padded vise, dot centered on a target stuck up on the wall (a piece of graph paper would be great) and verify that the dot does not appear to move against the graph paper target?

It was aimed at a white jar with a horizontal blue stripe. When I set it on the counter and looked through, the dot was touching the bottom of the blue stripe. Each click is supposed to move it slightly I believe and I turned the dial a few full rotations and the dot was still touching the bottom of the blue line.

Pursuing the wicked
Picture of rangemaster
posted Hide Post
I too just got into the game with a new vortex venom on saw from Amazon. Mounted on a custom powder river precision milled xd tactical 9. It was only two inches left and sighted in after the second group.

If I were you I’d mount it. Shoot it. Try to adjust it before contacting them. Verify your problem actually exists in reality not theory. Good luck!

Posts: 1620 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I had some issues with a scope on my 45-70, and they took care of it. I just wonder how MANY claims they get?

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rangemaster:
I too just got into the game with a new vortex venom on saw from Amazon. Mounted on a custom powder river precision milled xd tactical 9. It was only two inches left and sighted in after the second group.

If I were you I’d mount it. Shoot it. Try to adjust it before contacting them. Verify your problem actually exists in reality not theory. Good luck!

I put it on my Ruger PCC and aimed right in the gut to see where it'd hit, and it hit the top of the head at about 10 yards, so about 2 feet high... So it's way off and my adjustment dials or knobs don't appear to move the dot. Going to give them a call tomorrow and see what happens.

King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Just a quick update, Vortex said they would take care of me, even as a non-original owner. Their CS was a pleasure to work with, as well. See how it ends up working out.

Picture of ed308
posted Hide Post
I've got a lot of Vortex scopes. Never needed to send one back. I thought I might with my Razor HD. But after I called their support line, figured out what the problem was.

Posts: 605 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sybo:
I had some issues with a scope on my 45-70, and they took care of it. I just wonder how MANY claims they get?

A lot.

On various forums I here at a ratio of 5 to 1 about people who has used the Vortex warranty.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had a few Vortex products without any problems or returns. Still running a Strike Eagle and a Viper PST with good results.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Vortex has excellent customer service. They will take care of you for sure.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Just a quick update, they sent me a brand new Vortex Venom to replace the old unit. I was very surprised to see that in the mail. Hopefully this one will hold up.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSauerP226:
Hopefully this one will hold up.

Please keep us posted.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vortex has the best warranty....too bad you’ll probably have to use it. I’m done with vortex.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post