SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Remington V3
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington V3 Login/Join 
Press hard,
Three copies
posted
I know Remington has been woefully lacking in QC with their products for some time now but I’ve been quite pleased with the V3’s I’ve picked up. About a case through the Tac-13 in its current configuration and just got the Tactical model ready for the range to see how she does.

Anybody else happy with their V3?

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
I absolutely love my V3...but I have the Field Sport 26" synthetic and not the tactical. It is the softest shooting semi-auto made, has great balance, is easy to maintain and, the best part, if feels just like the 870's I grew up shooting.

I'm a big fan!

Look to see the whole V3 lineup expand, expand, expand....just not to the 20 gauge anytime soon according to my local Remington rep.

0:01

Posts: 4206 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I have a Versa Max Tactical. It has been flawless. The V3 is a slightly updated model. I wish I could get an 18.5" barrel for mine.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just had one come in the shop, the shell latch fell out according to the owner. I called Remington technical to see which way the retaining pin was installed. It is a headed pin . It is retained by the spring tension on the latch. Once I got the spring in the right place the pin dropped in. I put a wipe of fingernail polish in the pin hole.

Posts: 547 | Location: Dothan, Alabama | Registered: August 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elmer:
Just had one come in the shop, the shell latch fell out according to the owner. I called Remington technical to see which way the retaining pin was installed. It is a headed pin . It is retained by the spring tension on the latch. Once I got the spring in the right place the pin dropped in. I put a wipe of fingernail polish in the pin hole.

There should be a roll pin that retains the shell latch to pivot pin. The pivot pin loads from the bottom of the receiver and the retention pin goes through the receiver to keep the pivot pin from falling out.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The pin was a solid headed like an unthreaded screw. I specifically asked the tech if i should remove bolt and instill the pin from the top. I was instructed to install pin from the bottom. Small end first.

Posts: 547 | Location: Dothan, Alabama | Registered: August 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
Correct, the pivot pin loads from the bottom with the smaller end going in first. Then there should be a roll pin that blocks/retains the pivot pin ensuring it stays in place.

posted Hide Post
Tech didn't mention any roll pin. The gun is camo and still in the shop. Will look at it this afternoon. I asked what retained the pin and tech advised the spring tension on latch.

posted Hide Post
Found pin and a roll pin now installed. Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: elmer,

Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
Glad to help. The only reason I knew about it is because I’m in the process of adding the oversized latch button to my TAC-13.

PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Have you dissembled the bolt yet?

I am not an expert bolt opinion maker but I thought it was a pretty nice piece of engineering.

0:01

Posts: 4206 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't taken bolt apart but did take i out. It is very specific to location on taking the operating handle out and in. The bolt to me was fidly in getting it back into receiver on the guide rods.

posted Hide Post
I bought two. One for a dedicated turkey gun with a reflex sight and the other as a general hunting shotgun. So far I've been very happy with them.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Was able to handle the Remmie V3 Tactical at the LGS and was impressed with the shotgun. Two questions from those who own this model:
- Do you like the rifle sights or the ventilated rib model; why one versus the other?
- not a fan of the polymer rear stock, although the Supercell recoil pad is nice... so, can one replace the polymer buttstock with another Remington wooden one, such as from an 870?

Thanks!

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
Was able to handle the Remmie V3 Tactical
Remmie shotty? 12 gaugey? What's the pricey?

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
I prefer the rifle sights, if the Tac-13 had been offered with them I would have opted for them.

For the stock, the easiest way I found to change it was to use the 870 adapting stock shim from the Tac-13. I used the one I removed from my Tac-13 but hopefully Remington will sell it separately. With that part any 870 stock should mate up but you’ll need to figure out the bolt. I mounted a Magpul 870 SGA stock on my Tactical model and had to source a longer bolt than what Magpul includes.

posted Hide Post
Tac 13? That thing is Bigfoot... Everybody says they're real but I've never seen one...

Posts: 5160 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Its name is Daryl.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
I have the VersaMax and it is by far the best shotgun I have ever shot. It really does a great job reducing recoil. I hope that Remington stays around to support these shotguns.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've shot a couple V3's and feel Remington hit a home run with them. Only wish they would make one with ungraded wood and polished blue finish.

Posts: 180 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post