SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Savage Mark 2 GXP
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Savage Mark 2 GXP Login/Join 
Picture of rtquig
posted
Last year I sold my Ruger 10/22 because I was not shooting it much. I still had a M&P 15/22, and a Sig 522.
Yesterday, Dicks had a sale on the Savage Mark II GXP that came with a scope (can't recall brand scope) for $129 after rebate. I like the simplicity of a bolt rifle, and will eventually purchase the Mossberg Patrol rifle (bolt) in 5.56.
I had been telling my brother for a few months that I see it on sale from $219 every other month. He bought one a couple months back and yesterday he bought 2 more for his married son and his daughter for Christmas.
He said if the gun had one fault, it would be the screws that hold the rings to the gun keep loosing up. Hearing that, I plan to put lock tight on them when I install the scope. Purchased yesterday, can't pick it up until the NICS check is done. This is normally a 1 or 2 hour process but on holidays when sales are up it can take 2 to 3 days. Not a big deal for me.
Does anyone own or shoot one of these. and do you like it? Reviews seemed good. It will just be for plinking or once in a great while for raccoons that try to get into my duck coop at night.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
I don't own one currently, or have experience with that specific model, (believe mine was a FSV or some such) but I've got thousands and thousands of rounds on the Savage Mk II bolt platform in general. It is a reliable - if a little clunky - action, and most of them are quite accurate.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post