SIGforum
Lets talk Swiss Straight Pulls

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/5650024744

November 04, 2018, 07:00 AM
dog44
Lets talk Swiss Straight Pulls
I also got 3 of them. I think I have 2 cases of Gp11 left.
November 04, 2018, 08:20 AM
tacfoley
I've been shooting my K11 and K31 since 1989, here in yUK and back in Switzerland.

With GP11 VERY hard to find here, I got into reloading early on, wuth five hundred empties from Grafs/PPU [PPU makes then for Grafs].

I shoot 168gr SMKs over a load of Vihitavuori N140 - after all, it's nothing too much different from a good .308Win load.

FYFI - Swiss Products in Kallispel MT have recently taken to selling direct from the factory, rather than relying on Grafs and Brownells to sell their excellent range of products, including a brand-new diopter sight set for the G11 and K11. The result is a substantial reduction in price from hitherto, making their gear even more of a bargain than previously was the case, especially where the new diopter sight set is concerned. See their site for details of all the products to make shooting Swiss more enjoyable.

tac foley
www.swissrifles.com
November 04, 2018, 09:32 AM
PGT
definitely priced nicer. thanks for the head's up...might order a set.

Would you recommend the muzzle brakes too?
November 04, 2018, 11:21 AM
tacfoley
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
definitely priced nicer. thanks for the head's up...might order a set.

Would you recommend the muzzle brakes too?

The kind of shooting I do with my Swiss rifles does not permit any additional doo-dads being fitted. The clamp-on muzzle brake - more popular than the screw on version that requires a suitable die and guide, and permanently alters your rifle - effectively reduces the perceived recoil of the K31 by 38%. Since I'm a former dumb soldier, it could increase it by the same amount and I could care less.

What I like about my SP diopter set is that it goes on an off without any discernible change in zero.

Same with the scope, whenever I use that.
November 04, 2018, 07:25 PM
Andyb
Forgot to post the booty. Ended up scooping a beautiful K31 and a nice 1911. I really like these Swiss guns.

Also grabbed a unissued 1929 Swiss Bern revolver.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."
November 04, 2018, 07:47 PM
DSgrouse
I sold my k31 last summer for 800... I miss it now...