SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Pretty good day at the range...pleased with the AR build.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pretty good day at the range...pleased with the AR build. Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted
I met some friends at our range this afternoon and had a pleasant day (even if a turtle I rescued out of the highway pissed into my tumbler of iced tea...that is a story worthy of its own thread Big Grin)...

I pulled out a Redfield 2-7 scope and riser I haven't used in a while and mounted it on the AR PSA upper build I finished a few weeks ago...

After getting it on paper at 25 yards I moved out to 100, made a couple of more adjustments and using Wolf steel case 55 grain HP I shot these groups (I'm not in any way a precision shooter...but I was pleased with these, using ammo not known as super accurate stuff) Smile

It was a good day...even with the turtle pee (I'm just glad I saw it before I took a sip)...

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Always a good day when the rifle you build shoots well. But I don't think that was turtle piss Razz

Posts: 1752 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
Looks like some good shooting!

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ACTEG
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting, and thanks for saving the turtle! It's a great feeling when a build comes together.

Posts: 3585 | Registered: March 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Pretty cool feeling to shoot something you built, isn't it? Cool

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Looks pretty precision to these old eyes. Nice job,

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Nice.

I gave the younger Son the option of the range or fishing yesterday, he chose the range.

He brought the M1A, his choice for the youth deer hunt this Fall, and also the K31 Swiss.

I just brought a Model 70 Classic Compact 243 to check the zero.

The weather was great, though benches were available. The turnout was very good for mid day Friday.

Posts: 6154 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Turtle piss ... sounds like a good name for a gun ... or a band

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5705 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post