SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Stevens shotguns: good, bad or average?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stevens shotguns: good, bad or average? Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted
Friend bought one and I can’t remember hearing anything about them one way or another. Just curious.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
Made in china if I remember right.

Posts: 7398 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
Made in china if I remember right.

You shoot it once, and half an hour later you want to shoot it again?

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
What the intended use? My Son likes gunshows, I bet we average one every 3 months. Older ‘hunting’ type shotguns sit on the racks with little interest, Model 12’s, Ithaca 37’s, older 870’s, etc..

For the price of a new, low quality gun, one can get a nice shotgun with some history.

I have a few Model 12’s, a 37 or two, & others of older vintage. Yeah, also check local Armslist for deals nearby.

After Christmas is the best time to buy.

OK, see it’s about a friend, still like the used market.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Coworker bought one against my advise to buy the similarly priced Mossberg.

His has a A1 type stock with a pistol grip & a pretty short (non-SBS) bbl.

It's been completely reliable through a lot of Clay's & does surprisingly well for it's short bbl.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15312 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
I'm not familiar with "new" ones but the older SXS are built like tanks! (not China. Chicopee, Mass) I have an unfired SXS 12 gauge I'm considering selling but haven't decided.
They are well built shotguns for the working man.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 706 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
It seems to me the late model Stevens pump shotguns have a lot of drop to the buttstock, which makes them uncomfortable to shoot.

Their O/U shotguns, even the cheapest models, are not bad looking guns. They’re Turkish made, I believe.

Posts: 26902 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post