SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    CZ Scorpion Charging Handle replacement Options?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ Scorpion Charging Handle replacement Options? Login/Join 
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted
I'm loving my new CZ. Just got back from my business trip to Ireland to find some new safety levers, QD Sling mounts and a 2 point sling.

Now I'm interested in changing out the Charging Handle. Has anyone else done this on the carbine? And if so, which one did you choose?

Thanks,

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
I am planning to go with the HBi Delta when it gets back in stock in black (as long as the k handguard in fde is also available).

the top is the factory, middle is the Delta, and bottom is the larger Theta.

Posts: 2011 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I have one of the HBI Delta models. Works great.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
If you're going to be installing one of HBI's handguards you'll want to wait until they come out with the polymer version of their Delta and Theta handles. As it stands the metal on metal of their current charging handles against their handguards causes binding issues for some.

That said, try the stock CH with the new handguard before jumping in. Once you replace the OEM handguard with the cheesegrater rail sections for the smooth K style handguard it's much better. At that point the only benefit to the HBI CH is the extended length.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also have the HBI Delta on mine. Love it.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I don't really want to trade out the hand guard. Just the charging handle. So would I still be OK with the metal HBI?

Bonus question Does anyone know how to remove the faux suppressor on the carbine?

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
If you're going to be installing one of HBI's handguards you'll want to wait until they come out with the polymer version of their Delta and Theta handles. As it stands the metal on metal of their current charging handles against their handguards causes binding issues for some.

That said, try the stock CH with the new handguard before jumping in. Once you replace the OEM handguard with the cheesegrater rail sections for the smooth K style handguard it's much better. At that point the only benefit to the HBI CH is the extended length.

Yeah. They said their aluminum charging handle doesn't play well with their aluminum handguard. I plan to order both, when they are both in-stock, and use the Delta charging handle immediately. When I have the handguard swapped, I will use the polymer charging handle, until a polymer delta (or equivalent) charging handle is available.

quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
I don't really want to trade out the hand guard. Just the charging handle. So would I still be OK with the metal HBI?

That said, if you just want to upgrade the charging handle, there is no problem with using the Delta or other aluminum charging handle with the factory polymer handguard.

Posts: 2011 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bonus question Does anyone know how to remove the faux suppressor on the carbine?

If I remember right it uses the muzzle threads and simply screws on. A strap wrench is enough to remove it I believe.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SigM4,

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've noticed a slight increase in drag using the HBI Delta CH with the stock polymer HG on my Scorpion Carbine, but it's barely noticeable and has no practical effect. The larger area of the HBI CH over the tiny factory handle outweighs that minor nit for me.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just ordered the Manticore Arms extended charging handle for mine. I'm also installing the Manticore safety and the HB magazine release.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Has there been any word about anyone doing a folding/switchback charge handle?

I'm thinking the demand has dropped off for the EVO as it looks like accessory development has dropped off too.

I was thinking that on Manticore had it on their agenda at one time and that's what I've been holding out for ... I just can't see putting on a larger charge handle that's more likely to get hung-up

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I went with this one in Red...

https://www.rainierarms.com/sh...ved-charging-handle/

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

A man of few words
posted Hide Post
quote:
I went with this one in Red...

https://www.rainierarms.com/sh...ved-charging-handle/

Good decision. I have the same one in black and it's a huge improvement over the factory piece.

Posts: 1010 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
OK, I officially love this gun!

http://s280.photobucket.com/us...%20and%20cz.mp4.html

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Did you start out with the pistol & get a carbine handguard or start with a carbine & change to the pistol barrel?

I started with a pistol, SBR'd it then when they came out with the carbine I bought that forend for it which I like, but it does make it slightly less compact and with the carbine forend it shouldn't be shot without the suppressor.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimberkid,

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post