SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    CMMG deserves a thank you.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CMMG deserves a thank you. Login/Join 
posted
A few months ago I purchased a CMMG barrell in .350 legend because for lack of a better reason, I had a bunch of parts and 9 other AR rifles, but not one in 350 Legend.

I put the gun together using an Aero lower and all other parts were BCM. Long story short, I could not get the rifle to chamber a round. I called CMMG and sent them a couple of pics and they sent me an RMA number and a shipping label.

After a month or so, I called them and was told that they have it but were working through several months of work. I told them no problem, I was not in a rush for it.

Last week, I got a shipping notice and 2 days later, my upper arrived. My upper arrived in a new CMMG URG box, not a big deal,, but i thought it was a class move.. The work order said that they replaced my barrel. I got all of my parts back still looking new. I would expect that, but I used rock set on my gas block and it looked clean and new too. The rifle chambered everything I ran through it.

There were no questions asked other than diagnostic ones. There was no suggestion that I messed up the build. They stood behind their product and I did not have to pay a cent to get it right.

I still like BCM, but CMMG has earned more business from me.

Yeah, I used to have a couple of guns.

Posts: 434 | Location: North Central Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
My first AR build started with an Anderson lower and nothing else. Zero experience with the AR platform.

Looking online for an AR parts kit and went to CMMG's website. The further I got into it the more questions I had. I called their tech line, left a voicemail and figured that I would have to call back, this was early 2016 and everybody and his second cousin at least around here was trying to either buy a complete rifle or build one before more restrictions or an outright ban.

Anyway, about a half hour later or so they called back, I probably kept him on the phone for around a half hour with my dumb questions. The guy in tech at the end of the call said "If you have any more questions call us back. Even if you don't buy from us we'll still help you out." I was still on the fence about assembling a trigger vs. using something like a Timney all ready to go but at that point I went with CMMG's lower parts kit. I figured that anyone who would offer to help even if I didn't spend a dollar with them definitely deserved my business.

I too am a satisfied customer of theirs.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
CMMG is good people.

I have shot 3 gun with Jeff where be brought out the 249 SAW for rifle stages.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good to know. Thank you for sharing. Rarely hear positive experiences and I am guilty of not sharing. So, I shall remedy.

I have had nothing but positive experiences with both Sig & Dan Wesson Customer Service.

Sig helped me with a brand new P239 SAS that would not chamber a round. It was the very first brand new gun I ever bought, only my second Sig, and I was so disappointed. They also worked with me to help solve my P938 reliability issues (second NIB gun), including sending a several replacement parts. Finally, they RMR my used P226 when the Take Down Lever spun free.

Dan Wesson RMR my ECO (4th NIB gun) with a failure to feed due to a magazine issue and a misaligned front sight.

Obviously, I have horrible luck with new guns. So, customer service does weigh in on my purchase decision.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CMMG makes good rifles and parts.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've used CMMG "builder" type parts kits quite a bit. Always high quality parts.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
I’ve a CMMG 57, a few questions and a 57 upper kit inbound at some point. Good company, they have quality and great products. Good to hear and I’ll be adding more from CMMG

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is good to hear as someone who ordered their first CMMG rifle! Should be in production pretty soon. Excited. I found their CS very helpful when I was inquiring initially and that led me back to them when I was ready to place an order.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Only Kneel
to Almighty God
posted Hide Post
Good to hear. I have been hearing excellent things about this company.

Posts: 3427 | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
They have a special running for .22 AR conversion with 3 25 round magazines for $259. Just ordered the kit.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post