SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Historic Arms Bren Mk3
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Historic Arms Bren Mk3 Login/Join 
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted
I've had this on the burner for a while, got her today. Historic Arms does some wonderful work. The gun/build wasn't cheap but the mags are Big Grin I wish I could find a Mk3 barrel but the Mk2 will do for now. The Mk3s used both but the shorty barrel would be cool. Gun runs smooth as buttah.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Andyb,

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3597 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Wow.

That would look sweet on my coffee table.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very very nice!!!! I wanted to build one and had the kit but, couldn’t swing it after building a 1919 and buying an Ohio Ordnance BAR.

Good job and enjoy.

Posts: 4043 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
I can't say enough good things about the build they did. I own several LMG semi conversions and this Bren is hands down the smoothest running no BS semi conversion I own. It's the most "practical" out of all of them as well. I'm about to order some more German surplus 303 thats available currently.... going to be shooting this a lot.

Anyone thinking of having one built someday...IMA has NOS barrels for a little over a 100 bucks. Cases of 12 mags can be had for $65-70 if you look around.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3597 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
OH man, one of my favorite guns of all time. You sir, have excellent taste in firearms I must say.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4617 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
We can do better in the thread title than just listing the name of a weapon. Please be more specific as to why you posted the thread.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
We can do better in the thread title than just listing the name of a weapon. Please be more specific as to why you posted the thread.

Huh????

The title said everything I needed to make my look and enjoy! It could have just said "Bren" and I'd have wanted to look, LOL

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:

Huh????

The title said everything I needed to make my look and enjoy! It could have just said "Bren" and I'd have wanted to look, LOL

I agree title is perfect in my opinion.

Posts: 635 | Location: PHILADELPHIA,PA,USA | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
Len Savage is the acknowledged BREN master. He got my Canadian Inglis Full Auto MkII to run like a top.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2191 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post