SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Mcx side folding brace question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mcx side folding brace question Login/Join 
posted
I just picked up a Mcx virtus with the collapsible brace. I want to get a side folding brace as well for it, but I had a question.

Does anyone have this setup and how easy is it to deploy while having a two point sling attached? Being right handed, the left hand folder would be against your body and in theory may be difficult to open up.

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 226 | Location: Southern, PA | Registered: July 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4sigman
posted Hide Post
It works very well. The folding adapter only locks open, not closed. So if you have it folded and you throw the sling on, simply punching the gun out will open the folder.

Posts: 275 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: April 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where are you mounting the sling?

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m using the factory mounts on the rail and receiver. It works well with the collapsing brace.
I recently sold my P556 pistol and this was a welcome replacement.

Posts: 226 | Location: Southern, PA | Registered: July 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I don’t open and fold mine except for transport, so I never noticed an issue.

As an aside. The Sig arm brace spins all around and is super annoying imo. Gear Head Works makes an adapter to put their tailhook mod 0 on the end and it makes a world of difference.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Sorry I don't know the answer to your question. But, I heard Parker Mountain Machine just made some new items for the MCX, you might want to check them out.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. I was looking at the sb tactical fs1913 as it appears the rear of the brace is stationary. I’ll have to check out PMM.

posted Hide Post
I wouldn't normally sling up 2 point folded. But the PMM sling mount might make that tolerable if it folded in the right direction for you.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post